Fisher F75 or F75 Ltd (or OTHER) ???

Reef Runner

Forum Supporter
I've have been considering a Fisher F75, or is it F75 Ltd.
Whichever, I am running into a lot of confusing nomenclature (?) :?:

Can anyone help me, as I'm not sure what is what, anymore.
There's just to many confusing and descriptive terms and names, being hung on these units by the different Fisher dealers.
Shouldn't everyone be consistent?

When I go to the Fisher Labs website, I only see two names - Fisher F75 & Fisher F75 Ltd.

So why are there so many other names being used.
This is very confusing, especially for us that are somewhat new to the hobby.

Here's what I am finding. Many different names, but every one of these units (except the F75), list for the exact same price and include both the 5″ and 11″ DD Coils. The F75 list for approx $150 less than the others, and has only 1 coil ? That's the only thing that I can make any sense of. What are all these other units?

Fisher F75 (used by Fisher Labs)
Fisher F75 Ltd (used by Fisher Labs)

Fisher F75 LTD - with DST Mode
Fisher F75 Ltd with Boost and Cache Processes
Fisher F75 Special Limited Edition
Fisher F75 Special Edition LTD (BLK) (I assume this refers to color only)
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Fisher F75 LTD 2
Fisher F75 LTD2

:?: HELP ! :?:

Yeah right? Dont put yourself though this kind of trauma...

Just get an F70, maybe tall mans lower rod, a few coils if you wish, (definitely the 11"dd, maybe a NEL Sharpshooter, or a 5"dd Sniper) a good set of phones like the GG NDT's, a deck of 48 AA's from Sams Club will last you several years and just be done with it!

Read DIGGER 27's posts...or what Dave J says about the F70's pedigree...He recently jumped in on a thread concerning this over on Findmall on the F series Forum...its down about 10 from the top... (May 9th, T2vsF70)....If you are not convinced, then theres no help for you Brother! :laughing:
Mud

Yeah right? Dont put yourself though this kind of trauma...

Just get an F70, maybe tall mans lower rod, a few coils if you wish, (definitely the 11"dd, maybe a NEL Sharpshooter, or a Sniper) a good set of phones like the GG NDT's, a deck of 48 AA's from Sams Club will last you several years and just be done with it!

Read DIGGER 27's posts...or what Dave J says about the F70's pedigree...He recently jumped in on a thread concerning this over on Findmall even....If you are not convinced, then theres no help for you Brother! :laughing:
Mud

Thanks Mud, I'll try to take a look. Some links would be helpful, if you know where they are located.

Also, the reason I was looking at the F75 LTD, is that a hunting buddy of mine has one, and loves it. I was hoping if I got the same unit he might be able to help me through the learning curve, but I'm still open to suggestions.

However, speaking of the F70, I have heard that it is pretty much "ready to go", right out of the box. I don't need the tall man lower rod, but I'd definitely want the 11"DD, plus a small coil of some kind....... I'll think about it, I just wish Fisher would weatherproof all their units, like the F22 & F44........

I'm only 5'10"...but I have my F70 outfitted with the Tall mans lower...the whole package is just so light and ergonomic, as if its an extension of your arm...you dont even know its there.....a fellow can crouch and cover an amazing swath....like 12' easy, working a whole football field or beach in a gosh darn hurry!...

The F70 likes speed...theres so many tone options and settings, I doubt a guy could figure it out in a lifetime...DIGGER27 has tried his best to wring it out, and graciously made note of it for us to benefit from...Gold, Silver, Clad, Relics...no matter....

Funny thing is a lot of us employ an F70 with various settings/locations to great success, its so adjustable to about anybodies preferences I'm saying without a lot of thinking or dinking around...

I seriously love the DP tones...more will be forthcoming from the other brothers here...
Mud

I would buy a T2 se or F75 ltd,These two are basically the same. They both have the(boost) mode so you can detect deeeep. Of course they are the tippy top of their brand and so is the price.

Regarding weather...I've had mine out in all sorts of nastiness...driving rains, snow, wading right up to the brainbox...out today in a snowstorm even...going on 7yrs with no issues..From the Mountains of Idaho to the GOM...

The F75 guys sure do pull some stuff, but I am pretty sure, a guy with a F70 in the same location would knock it down too...twice the amounts and three times as fast!...:laughing:

I've never seen a 75 guy knock down numbers like us F70'ers get...thats on account of they are generally really old dudes with 'money and spend' and results are not their primary objective...Good day to do some reading for you...
Mud

Regarding weather...I've had mine out in all sorts of nastiness...driving rains, snow, wading right up to the brainbox...out today in a snowstorm even...going on 7yrs with no issues..From the Mountains of Idaho to the GOM...

The F75 guys sure do pull some stuff, but I am pretty sure, a guy with a F70 in the same location would knock it down too...twice the amounts and three times as fast!...:laughing:

I've never seen a 75 guy knock down numbers like us F70'ers get...thats on account of they are generally really old dudes with 'money and spend' and results are not their primary objective...Good day to do some reading for you...
Mud

Hey what is GOM? Gargoyles of Montezuma??

I think if my understanding is correct,,here is the deal.

F75-- unit has no boost process

F75LTD and F75 SE ( special edition)). Same animal may be some color differences,,both have boost and cache processes

And then the F75LTD2-- upgraded unit,,does have boost and cache, and additionally has fast audio process,,has 2 modes 9.0 and 9.1,, seems both utilize the digital shield technology but one uses more than the other,,buyer does get some additional tone options too to select from

F75LTd and se models,,using boost do have coil height above ground advantages over F75ltd2,, also F75ltd and se models have advantage with All metal depth vs LTD2 model.

LTD2 model on paper using disc is not as deep as LTD and se units,,but actual useable detectable depth can be deeper using ltd2 unit vs led and se units,,due to EMI.

Also using boost with LTd and se units,,separation is faster vs using boost with ltd2 units

And remember you get no fast audio process with LTD and se model units

These are the differences in a nutshell.

You do not mention what type of hunting you plan on doing, Coin shooting? Relic hunting? Jewelry?

I have the F75LTD2 and find it is an excellent detector for relic hunting and also for small jewelry. If you are more of the coin hunter I think there are better units out there in the same price range. Not that I haven't made some nice coin finds with mine. I also have a T2 Classic that I think is a great deal for the money and can do a lot of what the F75 does.

I think if my understanding is correct,,here is the deal.

F75-- unit has no boost process

F75LTD and F75 SE ( special edition)). Same animal may be some color differences,,both have boost and cache processes

And then the F75LTD2-- upgraded unit,,does have boost and cache, and additionally has fast audio process,,has 2 modes 9.0 and 9.1,, seems both utilize the digital shield technology but one uses more than the other,,buyer does get some additional tone options too to select from

F75LTd and se models,,using boost do have coil height above ground advantages over F75ltd2,, also F75ltd and se models have advantage with All metal depth vs LTD2 model.

LTD2 model on paper using disc is not as deep as LTD and se units,,but actual useable detectable depth can be deeper using ltd2 unit vs led and se units,,due to EMI.

Also using boost with LTd and se units,,separation is faster vs using boost with ltd2 units

And remember you get no fast audio process with LTD and se model units

These are the differences in a nutshell.

Holy !!!! ! Thanks TNS, for the explanation. I really do appreciate all the info, but this is still quite confusing to me. I just don't understand why there are so many variations of one model.

Never-the-less, I went out MDing today, with one of my hunting pals that just happened to have a Fisher F75 LTD. He showed it to me, turned it on, started making settings and adjustments, then handed it to me and told me to take it and go. Unfortunately, I was basically done, on about the second setting. I thanked him for saving me several, several hundred dollars, and off I went with my AT Pro.

Deli-ma solved !

The F75 Ltd, as good a machine as I am sure it is, is simply not for me - at this time. Maybe after I get a couple of years under my belt, but not now.

Thanks to all (Mud, metaladdict, TNS & choppadude) for your help, but I think I need to take a smaller jump ! :wow:

We have a demo unit, new condition Its the F75 LTD BLACK w 5" & 11"DD COILS we'll make you a great deal on if interested

There are a lot of different versions because Fisher made changes to them over the years. The latest offering, the F75 LTD2, is an awesome machine if you click with it. Not sure what turned you off of your friend's LTD, but if it was the constant chatter from EMI (which that model was prone to) the LTD2 would be a vast improvement, usually even with settings maxed out.

Anyway, the ATP is a good machine too I hear.

HH

There are a lot of different versions because Fisher made changes to them over the years. The latest offering, the F75 LTD2, is an awesome machine if you click with it. Not sure what turned you off of your friend's LTD, but if it was the constant chatter from EMI (which that model was prone to) the LTD2 would be a vast improvement, usually even with settings maxed out.

Anyway, the ATP is a good machine too I hear.

HH

Thanks - the AT Pro is also a pretty simple machine to learn, and I suppose it has spoiled me, being my first MD. When I started hearing about all the settings, etc. on the F75 Ltd, my brain basically went into overload. I never took it for a spin, just wasn't up of that, at the time. As for the EMI chatter, I think his has the shielding. He even mentioned that sometimes he would make a pass over his boot eyelets, just to make sure it was still on. Maybe I'll give it a whirl later on. I will say, it was nice and light, and that I did like, however, I thought it appeared to be a bit on the fragile side, maybe it's just me, as I'm used to the AT Pro. :grin:

Thanks - the AT Pro is also a pretty simple machine to learn, and I suppose it has spoiled me, being my first MD. When I started hearing about all the settings, etc. on the F75 Ltd, my brain basically went into overload. I never took it for a spin, just wasn't up of that, at the time. As for the EMI chatter, I think his has the shielding. He even mentioned that sometimes he would make a pass over his boot eyelets, just to make sure it was still on. Maybe I'll give it a whirl later on. I will say, it was nice and light, and that I did like, however, I thought it appeared to be a bit on the fragile side, maybe it's just me, as I'm used to the AT Pro. :grin:

The f75ltd is just as simple as your at pro to run..now,I didn't say easy to master it ,,but run it..

It's pretty simple to setup,and change settings is ez too.i thought the same thing as you ,too hard and too much setting it up.but it's not,it's really ez.

Now,the v3i from whites is a machine I've always wanted,but every time I get to reading about it and the settings I have nightmares,that seems involved.But probably a great machine once it's learned.

Holy !!!! ! Thanks TNS, for the explanation. I really do appreciate all the info, but this is still quite confusing to me. I just don't understand why there are so many variations of one model.

Never-the-less, I went out MDing today, with one of my hunting pals that just happened to have a Fisher F75 LTD. He showed it to me, turned it on, started making settings and adjustments, then handed it to me and told me to take it and go. Unfortunately, I was basically done, on about the second setting. I thanked him for saving me several, several hundred dollars, and off I went with my AT Pro.

Deli-ma solved !

The F75 Ltd, as good a machine as I am sure it is, is simply not for me - at this time. Maybe after I get a couple of years under my belt, but not now.

Thanks to all (Mud, metaladdict, TNS & choppadude) for your help, but I think I need to take a smaller jump ! :wow:

I've used both the AT Pro and Teknetics T2SE (which is the essentially identical to the F75LTD) and much prefer the T2. If you are used to the tones and mannerisms of the AT Pro then you won't immediately fall in love with the F75. They behave differently but are both great machines. Once you spend some time with the F75 you will understand what it is saying to you and you will likely start making more finds. The biggest complaint that new f75 users have is that it is a "chatty" machine. They don't run as quiet as the AT Pro but if you know what tones to listen for it will tell you more. It is funny how many people try out a machine one time and immediately decide if it is for them or not. The F75 is a proven machine and can run with the best out there.

The f75ltd is just as simple as your at pro to run..now,I didn't say easy to master it ,,but run it..

It's pretty simple to setup,and change settings is ez too.i thought the same thing as you ,too hard and too much setting it up.but it's not,it's really ez.

Now,the v3i from whites is a machine I've always wanted,but every time I get to reading about it and the settings I have nightmares,that seems involved.But probably a great machine once it's learned.

IMO,,V3i the milder your soil,,the better it is.
Hotter soil say medium and medium high,,minelabs IMO better overall for coin hunting.

Your mileage may vary.

IMO,,V3i the milder your soil,,the better it is.
Hotter soil say medium and medium high,,minelabs IMO better overall for coin hunting.

Your mileage may vary.

Minelabs just hit hard,you cannot miss a coin if a minelab sees it.Clean ground it don't get better than minelab,unfortunately I don't seem to find much clean ground,most iron infested sites.

Back
Top Bottom