Help My Friend ID/DATE these bottles!

EyeDetectLove

Crazy story. My friend lives in Bellingham, WA and she just bought a 1905 home. While she was gardening she uncovered a bucket buried about 3 ft down and found these bottles in it. Wow! I've asked her to send me pictures of each one individually, but for now I have these. Can any of you guys ID any of these just by looking at this picture?

2rw84g0.jpg

Here's one close up. Which we established is an Owl Pharmacy bottle with "WT CO - USA" on bottom.

2cii34z.jpg

140kqb9.jpg

m75hfo.jpg

I might take my detector over to her house one day and hopefully find some silver.

UPDATED as I get them:

Horlick Malted Milk bottle - (bottom reads IC CO 7 - X)

2dhafes.jpg

29nxb11.jpg

1925 Medicine Bottle?

rrjzfo.jpg

28b5xjb.jpg

Tallest bottle found: Bottom reads "WBM Co"

14wt3j7.jpg

vhusl2.jpg

Another medicine bottle? Sheldon bottle (3Y on face - Sheldon on bottom)

1z5uhyg.jpg

2ponrmd.jpg

Not sure what this bottle is (bottom reads "4") - Now she says there was a metal piece stuck to it and when she moved it to take a picture, it fell off. I'm not sure if this particular bottle came with a metal emblem, or if it was just junk metal from the bucket.

9kwcv7.jpg

max9ip.jpg

Last bottle. No markings.

2mwrsi8.jpg

She also found these. I can't tell if they're corks or caps? There's writing on one of them. "Carbolic Witch Hazel"?? Not sure:

99qas2.jpg

She also found a spoon & a top to something:

2ugck2g.jpg

30cu5ie.jpg

15dimr.jpg

That's it. Pretty cool stuff. Thanks for helping with the DATES, if you can! :)

Said bucket:

2nrn575.jpg

Looks like those are Turn Of Century era (1900-1910 or so). The Owl Pharmacy - W.T. & Co. is at least 1901 or later (but not much), made by Whitall-Tatum Co. They also made electrical insulators later. The "25" medicine bottle: "25" here is most likely a mold number or bottle style number. The W.B.M. Co. medicine is Western Bottle Mfg. Co. from at least 1901 or later. Same for the "Sheldon" drug bottle, Sheldon Foster & Co. Not bad for finding in a garden! I would start probing the rest of the yard for more. See here for info on bottles:
http://www.sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm

Looks like those are Turn Of Century era (1900-1910 or so). The Owl Pharmacy - W.T. & Co. is at least 1901 or later (but not much), made by Whitall-Tatum Co. They also made electrical insulators later. The "25" medicine bottle: "25" here is most likely a mold number or bottle style number. The W.B.M. Co. medicine is Western Bottle Mfg. Co. from at least 1901 or later. Same for the "Sheldon" drug bottle, Sheldon Foster & Co. Not bad for finding in a garden! I would start probing the rest of the yard for more. See here for info on bottles:
http://www.sha.org/bottle/makersmarks.htm

Thank you! You're awesome!

Very cool! As has been suggested, I'd be probing/digging more in that garden.....;)

Thats a great little garden stash, maybe a kids hidden treasures or just burying some trash. That owls pharmacy bottle there is really a great piece that one might be worth as much as 20-30 dollars maybe a bit more certainly a great find !!!

Back
Top Bottom