Agate prices

smg

Went to ebay to see how much an agate went for , one the size of the one i had pictured, would bring an easy hundred bucks. I was surprised at how much the big ones went for, I never knew they were actually valuable, I knew they were pretty, but some were cheap, and small but the big ones fist size were about 40.00, I was stunned, so i am modifying, my metal /agate detecting.
I also thought the idea about a service for lost items would be great, Our paper used to have a lost and found, which I couldn't find lately, they must of thought it wasn't getting enough adds, to make it worthwhile. sothey put it under, personal. Thanks for the info. that they are worth some cad and I am a happier hunter. smg

Roger, Its a type of semi precious quartz, usually with bands of color going through them, they are usually opaque so the light shines through them, Ebay has some really nice examples of them if you log on just to look. Some forms like moss agates and such are fairly rare, they have what looks like ferns inside the clear quartz, I was shocked when I went to ebay and saw some that must of weighed fifty pounds, but they wanted 3 grand for the lot of them, those are lake Superior{sp} agates and they are more dark red than what we find in Iowa, Here they are every imaginable colr, from grey, blue, to tan or creme. Or what they call honey agates, which look like honey. I hope this gives you an idea of what they are. or look like. hers a pict of a honey agate. smg

Attachments

• honey agate.jpg
    honey agate.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 336
OK, Rog... here we go...!
Put 'em up... put 'em up! :lol:

THIN air? You should say "healthy" air. :lol:
The only thing we have that remotely pollutes it is a fairly local paper mill (well, for me... which is a bit much for my taste, too. :P).

Back
Top Bottom