GPX5000 on the beach

LongJohnSilver1

Elite Member
Anyone here used it? I see there's a couple of videos but they don't give much away.
I live near a big gold nugget district but rarely get a chance to head out to it, so it's tough to justify a $3000 machine on that alone, however if the GPX could be made water resistant to avoid corrosion from sea spray I could see me using it on the beaches in winter.

Mmmm

I wish Minelab would bring out a PI with gold technology for the salt water & beaches,5000- they are not waterproof, and they have solid type land coils, no good in water, floaters will pass for streams, I did get a reply from ML on my thread, he passed it on to his development team, praying for one in the next two years, Earl

Yeah I wouldn't be using it in the water, it'd be strickly wet sand only

A gPX 4500 is cheaper. For ring sized targets just as good as 5000. I had one of those. Never beach hunted with it though.
Might find used one cheap. Since the 6000 and 7000 units are better on gold nuggets. Lot of folks have moved to them.

But using a nonwater proof unit on salt beach even out of the water does still have risks. Sand blows everywhere. And it could have salt. Hence damage unit eventually.

Here’s person who shares some info with their using gPX 5000 on beach.
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/15976-once-again-at-my-favorite-beach-gpx-5000/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom