NEL coils, pros & cons..

RWJR13

Forum Supporter
...anyone using them on your detector? What do you think of them?
I'm looking at maybe one for my X5.
Thanks..

Great subject. I'm interested in the NEL thunder coil for my AT MAX. Looking forward to any comments.

Just got the nel thunder for my sovereign gt ... only got out with it for maybe 2hrs due frozen ground. .. so far i like it.. i found a wheaty at a site that rarely find anything at.. the other items i found were relatively coin sized such as head stamps and whatnot.. i dug no iron hunting in disc... so far i think i like it...

That's funny, I just commented about NEL Coils on your 6T thread. They worked really well. Not sure if they make a Detech SEF coil for the X5 but the 8X6 is another really good aftermarket coil.

I currently have a Tornado mounted on my Etrac and so far I'm liking it better than the 13" Detech Ultimate I had mounted previously. I only have a couple of hunts so far with each coil but I used them both in the same spots to compare performance. The NEL runs a lot more stable it seems. I can run the sensitivity about 5-6 clicks higher than I could with the Ultimate. I intend to try them both out some more as the season progresses but as of right now I'm liking the NEL better.

I also have the NEL Tornado on my E Trac and love it. I have had Tornado coils on just about every detector I have owned in the last couple years. I have also ran several of the Sharpshooter coils from NEL and are very fond of them also.
You will find that the NEL coils have one of the sturdiest coil "ear" designs and is in most case twice as thick as most stock and aftermarket coils you find out there. Also the coil cable itself is robust and shielded very well.

I use the Nel snake coil on the F75 LTD and a snake coil on the X-Terra 705 in 7.5 KHZ. They do good for separating in trashy areas.

this is the one Im looking at for my X5..9.5" x 5.5"

Attachments

• Sharpshooter-1000x1000 (1).jpg
    Sharpshooter-1000x1000 (1).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 905
Im waiting to hear back from a dealer in Raritan, NJ. on their price...

There's a guy on Ebay that sells them. I messaged him and he says they are $145 shipped to me...

this is the one Im looking at for my X5..9.5" x 5.5"

You will like the Sharpshooter !!! Try calling Phil (myersdepot.com) in Florida and see if he can get you one. He is a great dealer and will give you a good price. I know he carries NEL coils but just not sure if he will have one for the X5.

You will like the Sharpshooter !!! Try calling Phil (myersdepot.com) in Florida and see if he can get you one. He is a great dealer and will give you a good price. I know he carries NEL coils but just not sure if he will have one for the X5.
:cool: i will. THANKS

I have NEL Tornado for Teknetics Greek, Detech 13" coil for AT Pro and Teknetics Greek, Mars 15" for AT Pro. No improvement is noticed in air tests, but could they still provide better in ground depth??

Nels coils

I use the Snake on my Patriot and have found it is quiet, deep, and very controllable in tight areas. This the best sidewalk coil I have used. You can also run it hotter in high EMI areas than the smaller brand coils. I used the 10inch nels on the Omega 8000 v4 and it was quieter, deeper and could run hotter than the 5x10 stock coil in high EMI spots. It was not deeper in mild soil when compared to the cheap CC 8 inch round coil, but had a little better separation. I like the Snake. These are just my experiences. CG

Back
Top Bottom