I think my wife is becoming a gold digger!

FXDiz

Forum Supporter
Fleming Island FL (formerly called Hibernia)
She and the ACE 250 got more gold today (and a 1950 D wheatie). :roll: She is awesome with that machine! :yes: She has struck gold twice this month! :shock: I've yet to get my first gold hit this year. :?: Neither got much else in a tot lot hunt ... but we know there are days like that! :( The DFX was giving me a hard time ground balancing for some reason. Have a peak at the slim pickin's for the day.

Attachments

• 7.25.07TotLot.jpg
    7.25.07TotLot.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 408
  • 14KAnchor.jpg
    14KAnchor.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 407
  • 14K.jpg
    14K.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 403
That's a nice monkey barrette. I bet Rusty's gonna want it! :lol:

You'd better learn to use that DFX so that you wife will stop showing you up! :p

The DFX was giving me a hard time ground balancing for some reason.

Nice hunt! Very refreshing to see your wife so excited about detecting, and doing so well! :yes: What kind of Ground Balance problems were your having?

May be you should give her the DFX? :lol:

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Nice hunt! Very refreshing to see your wife so excited about detecting, and doing so well! :yes: What kind of Ground Balance problems were your having?

May be you should give her the DFX? :lol:

Keep Swing'in
Jack

It would take a number of times (moving the coil to a new location) for it to ground balance. Could be there is just too much trash in the ground there.

Were you getting the message... "UNABLE TO BALANCE, INSTALLING PRESET LEVELS" and series of descending tones? If so, you could have low mineralization. This is good! If you received two repeating alternating tones, this would indicate a metal object in the area you squeezed the trigger in the second step. What coil are you using? The DFX is a fun machine with unlimited possibilities. Don't get discouraged!

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Were you getting the message... "UNABLE TO BALANCE, INSTALLING PRESET LEVELS" and series of descending tones? If so, you could have low mineralization. This is good! If you received two repeating alternating tones, this would indicate a metal object in the area you squeezed the trigger in the second step. What coil are you using? The DFX is a fun machine with unlimited possibilities. Don't get discouraged!

Keep Swing'in
Jack

Yes to all three, on different occasions. But now I know why! Thanks! Not to worry, I'm not getting discouraged at all. I'm really loving this machine and it's all being chalked up to learning it better.:yes:

Tell your wife congrats on another nice find! You sure have your work cut out for you now but I'm sure the DFX will not dissapoint.

Back
Top Bottom