Silver Coins, Hold or Sell

Nad

That is essentially the question.. I bought into the silver market at the low in 2001 at around $3.50... Today it is about $15.. Goes up . comes down..App 500 percent in 10 years?Keep, sell or convert?? Cordially Nad:?:

If you need the money, it's a great time to sell. If you don't, you could sell enough to recoup yer initial investment then hold on to the rest and sell as needed. lots of posibilities.

Yes it depends on if you need the money or not. If you want to see if it goes up keep them if not sell them.

Buy more while its cheap :lol::lol:

Ask yourself, is the dollar going to go up in the near future?
US mint is still out of silver and gold for producing coinage, thats a good indicator that there is still plenty of demand.

If you going to sell, what are you going to buy instead?

I would hold unless you need cash.I know it's been going down,it's at $15.08 a troy oz at the time of writting this,but was over $19 around the holidays.I think it's going to go down even more for a while, but will see it go back up in June-July.I'm buying all I can right now.

The U.S. Mint is not out of silver and gold... they are already selling the Silver Eagles for 2010. If you do not need the money, hold onto it... RickO

You didnt say if you had coins or bars? If its coins that are no more than cull or melt value id still wait a bit longer. Everyone is saying Gold will continue to go up for at least a year and silver will bounce around. What you are seeing is a glut in coins the mint was vary slow in releasing dimes, nickels ect for 09 and didnt even make the american eagles. Credit cards have an impact as does the consumer needs for change from banks. Right now more people are cashing in their piggy banks and the banks cant order new coins. We arent producing a lot of silver coins... so if your coins are collectable as well id hold on to them. The more people that turn them in for melt the fewer we find in circulation.. that has to increase the price of at least the collectables.

Dew

The U.S. is not selling to the public but is selling to dealers! That makes me mad:mad:They should meet the public demand not the dealers.I don't think they have plans to do a proof coin this year.They didn't do one last year:mad:Maybe they will , who knows!!

American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coin

Production of United States Mint American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coins has been temporarily suspended because of unprecedented demand for American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins. Currently, all available silver bullion blanks are being allocated to the American Eagle Silver Bullion Coin Program, as the United States Mint is required by Public Law 99-61 to produce these coins “in quantities sufficient to meet public demand . . . .”

The United States Mint will resume the American Eagle Silver Proof and Uncirculated Coin Programs once sufficient inventories of silver bullion blanks can be acquired to meet market demand for all three American Eagle Silver Coin products.

Update: Due to the continued, sustained demand for American Eagle Silver Bullion Coins, 2009-dated American Eagle Silver Uncirculated Coins will not be produced.

Back
Top Bottom