Sunray to stop making probes for Minelab detectors

goodmore

Forum Supporter
"We have been notified by Sunray that due to increase costs they will no longer be making the probes for Minelab detectors."

From an email I received today.

I don't own a Minelab but could it also have something to do with the fact that Minelab has their own pinpointer now? How long ago did they come out with that? Could be a marketing thing too.

How could the cost be any more for Minelab than any other detector? That
makes no sense! This sucks! I love my X1 probe and will cry when it dies if it can't be replaced.

I just looked at the Sunray website. They don't list an inline probe for Minelabs. :(

This sucks, I love my probes. What's the deal? Has anyone called Ralph and verified this?

I just got one for my Etrac,I really like it. Maybe Minelab is getting ready to phase out the Etrac and Safari ? Can't see it but maybe.

Has anyone found out what brought about this decission? I have watched thousands of detecting vids on Youtube and I would say 75 - 80% of the people using E-tracs have one of these probes. I have never, and I mean never, seen anyone with another brand of detector using them. I know there are others out there but I would guess that the Minelab ones way outsell the others. Something major must have happened to make him drop them altogeather instead of raising the price to cover the increase in MFG cost.

Minelab piss him off somehow?

Parts supplier go bankrupt?

Anyone know?

Hunt Happy!
Plug Martian

The only thing that makes sense to me is that Minelab threatened them. They are still making probes for other makes, so the cost can't be any more for and X-1 than for any other inline probe. I understand they can't make them for the CTX because those have circuitry in the coil, but WHY WHY WHY stop making them for the E-Trac?

Is this probe just a pointer that is built into the unit somehow? I've been searching but not really finding anything specific on this probe you guys are speaking of. Thanks.

Looks like I might have to start a X-1 hoard. Check around on the web as plenty of dealers are still showing them in stock.

Is this probe just a pointer that is built into the unit somehow? I've been searching but not really finding anything specific on this probe you guys are speaking of. Thanks.

Really? Have you even tried the Sunray website? it's very simple, go to google and type in "sunray metal detector".

thank god i ordered my x-1 on ebay last week.....the company stated they had 3 left.....i got one of them!!....and I'm sooooo happy i did after reading this....in addition i had it within 2 days and already used it several times...though not as deep as my pro pointer......i still am in love with it!

Ralph said it was due the the increased price of the Minelab upper rods. On FM he states what the X1 would cost and felt it was priced out of the market.

Ralph said it was due the the increased price of the Minelab upper rods. On FM he states what the X1 would cost and felt it was priced out of the market.

Did he state if they will continue repairing X1s? I can send him upper rods if they will mount a few new ones for me.

Back
Top Bottom