A fist full of pennies.

Krakken

Here is the results of my latest weekend of metal detecting.

cladtotal.png

I spent 6 hours at a 1930s elementary school and found 83 pennies (in addition to the other coins)! Why couldn't any of them be silvers?

The foreign coin to the right is a 1977 20 Centavos from Mexico.

And here is episode #3 of my videoblog, taken at the same school.

Enjoy!

No silvers? I wouldn't expect there to be anything left after revealing your location via video blog!

Really liked your video, very informitive. Leaves me to wonder if the high count people get in a day of hunting is from gravel areas where no digging is needed. I just spent 7 hours maybe less stopping for a break now and then. I only got $2.36 in it was 3 clad quarters 9 clad dimes 3 nickels and pennies the rest was a 1941 merc two wheaties from a curb strip I did on the 11th. My best day here in Greenville was 15 clad quarters and other change for I think a little over $4.10. I have started digging some iffy signals. So far digging those hasn't paid off .
M6 Mike
Off and on I been at detecting since 1973 and always picking up or trying new ideas.
Soon as I find the material I plan on making a plugger smaller than one I owned years ago. I think the use of a small plug or slit and the pin pointer I can pull out coins faster and easier than I now do. With just a slit and pull you can get in down pinpoint it and remove it , with little to do to restore it . I will make the plugger with 1 1/2 pipe. Only using when I think it is a penny or dime.

Holy cow that is a LOT OF HOLES. My wrist is sore just looking at that pile.

Really liked your video, very informitive. Leaves me to wonder if the high count people get in a day of hunting is from gravel areas where no digging is needed.

Thanks. And yeah, most of the coins were found about an inch down in gravel, pulled just like I showed in the video.

Holy cow that is a LOT OF HOLES. My wrist is sore just looking at that pile.

Actually it wasn't. There was a layer of gravel OVER the soil layer at the front of the school. I would say 3/4 of all coins were pulled from this gravel layer. The lower soil layer was a mix of packed dirt, gravel, and larger rocks and was nearly impossible to dig though, and after a while, I stopped and just focused on the easy stuff.

Great video too!

Thanks!

To bad no silver but i didn't get any today either,It happens:roll:

Yeah, but I've been out there for almost two months and haven't found a single silver coin.

At least I can buy silver coins with the amount of clad I'm finding. :laughing:

With a location like that you're bound to find silver. If you're pulling up that much clad and it's not that deep, chances are that it might be a prime sight. Keep diggin' and keep posting!

Back
Top Bottom