Back to the dirt after 6 months off...

Captain Silver

Elite Member
Back in the beginning of May, the rain in southwestern CT basically stopped for the summer...and so did my desire to detect/dig in the dry ground. 6 months later and the drought is now exceptional, the worst in 50 years...but after a couple inches of rain recently, I've been out knocking the rust off the shovel:lol: and getting back to putting silvers on the coil:yes: got a couple 2 weeks ago with the Elite/800 setup and then after 3-4 hours of digging 7-8" deep wheats while learning this machine in the dry azz ground I found my first silvers with the Explorer II today, both at about 8 inches deep... The keepers from the outings...23 wheats, a button, bus token, Buffalo and silvers #73-76... That's all for now, thanks for looking and Happy Hunting:yes:

Last edited:
Nice work Capt. Dealing with the same exceptional draught and now wild fires here. We could use some rain to put out these fires!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice silver finds.......We took part of the summer off because of the drought too. The dirt was as hard as a rock and turned to powder when you dug into it.

Welcome back. We understand your frustration, rock hard ground all summer here too. I've been keeping busy sweeping the town for shallow clad. Come on rain.

Good to see the captain is back at it . 👍
Congratulations on the rain and obviously the sweet sweet silver .
HH , Dew

Congrats

Captain on getting back out, on the silver, and I see it looks like a explorer in the silver slayer family , you will do well with that, does it have the pitch squeal like the e-trac when you hit"s silver ? , happy hunting Earl

Good to see you back out there and yes it has been SO dry I have not been out in quite some time myself.. Tomorrow..

Back
Top Bottom