Combat Medic's Pin

SueK

Forum Supporter
I hunt a lot at a former Army base, so find lots of military relics (buttons, buckles, collar pins, etc.) But I thought this one was a particularly good find. This was the pin awarded to an Army medic who performed medical support while under enemy attack. The second and third awards would have had stars at the top and bottom of the pin, this appears to have been a first award. They started these awards in WWII and they continue today.

Attachments

• IMG_1033[1].jpg
    IMG_1033[1].jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 485
I really like that too! I cant help but think under what conditions this was earned? Amazing find! Thats really something there Sue!
Mud

Love this find! It brought back memories of a good friend (RIP) who was an Army Medic in Viet Nam.

Thanks for all of your comments. Like you, I thought immediately of the unknown guy that might have worn this. I hope he and those he aided came back safely. Thanks again.

Is it sterling ? (looks like silver that is dark-toned from the soil). If so, then it's mid 1960s and earlier. Seems that by the mid 1960s and later, the military stopped doing their stuff in silver. Nice find !

Is it sterling ? (looks like silver that is dark-toned from the soil). If so, then it's mid 1960s and earlier. Seems that by the mid 1960s and later, the military stopped doing their stuff in silver. Nice find !

It rang low on my machine, and appears to be brass. The site was used by the Army from WWI through the Vietnam war, so it may have been from the Vietnam era. Thanks Tom!

Back
Top Bottom