Forty's kinda day! Big, Med & Little Silvers!

jack&jill

Elite Member
Got out for a very nice morning hunt at a community park in a neighboring town. Weather was perfect, with sunny temps in the low 60's and a light breeze with digging condition great after two days of rain earlier this week. I hunted this site once before but not with the E-trac. Well I am very glad I went back.

Started the day slowly with just a few clad coins when I got a very strong high pitch tone. It was a steady 12-47 and thought maybe a Silver quarter but was just as happy finding a nice Silver ring in the hole at about 3 to 4 inches. This is the17th Silver ring of the year. Moved on and after a few more clad coins I again hit a nice high tone and again my machine was giving me a solid 12-47. This time it was saying the target was at 6 inches. Well I cut my plug to the handle and made the plug a bit larger so I could get extra depth if needed and flipped over the plug. I knew I had Silver seeing the reeded edge sticking out the bottom of the plug. My surprise was that this coin was not a quarter but a 1942 Walking Liberty Half. It was a happy dance time.:yes: Continuing on and within 15 feet and tight to a Crab-apple tree I got another high tone and again the numbers showed 12-47 only this time it showed shallow at only 2 inches. A quick dig and flip of the plug gave view to me of the 1940 Washington Quarter. The next 2.5 hours produced clad and a couple of Wheat's.

I was going to call it done for the day when I got another big hit this time a hard 12-50. I was thinking another half as I started digging the plug, This time it was not a coin but the remains of a watch. Still has gears and looks to be a stainless item and has a stamp of New York, Standard Watch and a serial number 958258. Think I'll have to do some research on this.

Just a few feet from where the watch was dug I picked up a pair of Merc's that were only about 25 inches apart and both between 5and 6 inches. The first came in at11-43 and the 2nd 12-45. There dated 1940 and 1945.

Total for the day $9.91 in clad, 2 Wheat's and the 4 silver coins. The watch an also dug a Lesney of England toy Caterpillar Grater. As always thanks for looking and I hope everybody has a great hunt this weekend. Jack

Attachments

• sept21 4.jpg
    sept21 4.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 542
  • sept21.jpg
    sept21.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 540
  • sept21 1.jpg
    sept21 1.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 538
  • sept21 3.jpg
    sept21 3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 538
  • sept21 2.jpg
    sept21 2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 549
  • sept215.jpg
    sept215.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 540
Wow!:wow:

You had a great day. Big silver always makes for a nice hunt!!!:yes:

What a day Jack! Congrats on a super hunt. I love days like that. HH my friend.

I also love days like this. Wish they would happen a lot more often. This year it has been either really good or really bad. but even the worst hunt is still better than most anything else.:yes:. By the why Sonny a big congrats on the 14K Diamond Ring. That is a tremendous find.. Jack

Woo hoo!!! WTG, Jack!! Great group of finds. One question though. What in the world happens to the 'rest' of those pocket watches? Same question with harmonica reeds. ???

Back
Top Bottom