Permission help

drsmithtft

Forum Supporter
There is a wooded area near several cotton fields that I have passed on the way to work for the last 15 years. It was always grown up and I have never paid it any attention until now. Someone has cleared the area out with a bulldozer and now there is an old well standing there. I stopped and walked out to the well and found an old glass screw in type fuse so I know there was once an old house there. I stopped at a couple of the closest houses to see if they knew who the owner was and they said that it was bought by an investment group and was being cleared to be leased out as farm land but no one knew who. Where do I start to try and find owner to get permission to hunt.

Most clerk of courts offices will have deeds you can research. Those always come with contact information. The county want's it's money and they want to know who to collect the taxes from. :)

Other then catching workers at the site the other posts are right go see the town clerk or other town offices. Good luck

Go to the records office in Waxahachie on the square. They are always very friendly and helpful. It will be in the public records and available at your request. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom