Sand Scoop from old scrap

Bigfoot

I built this sand scoop today at work during my off time. It is all Stainless. The scoop is 5" dia. 9 1/2" long. The overall length of 46". It is made with 1/8" wall SS pipe. The handle is 3/4" ss pipe. The total weight is 7 1/5 pounds. What do you think?

Looks like a nice job, nice to have the material and the tig. After making a few here's what I think if you make more. If you use it the water you have enough holes but a bigger diameter would work better. If you use it out of the water there might be enough holes(???) if the sand is super dry. If the sand is even a little damp it's going to take alot of shaking to get the sand out. Even in dry sand it gets damp as you get deeper.

My water scoop works great, the watery sand just disappears through the holes, but my sand scoop needs the damp sand issue addressed. As I remember the water scoop is 7 or 7 1/2" wide. I don't have a picture of my dry sand scoop. Rob

Attachments

• scoop2.jpg
    scoop2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 683
Scoop worked great. The only problem is the weight. Needs many more holes to make it lighter. I will be making another out of .80 stainless plate, I will have to get the fab shop where I work to roll it after I punch the holes. I will post a pic when I get a chance to make the new scoop.

Back
Top Bottom