A little silver from the old ballfield

Ron 71

Forum Supporter
I was able to get in about 6 hours this weekend at my local ballfield and managed to squeak out a bit of silver. Nothing crazy but a productive hunt by my standards anywho. I found the buttons and some junk jewelry on Saturday and a 53 GW, a tiny .925 earring, and my first ox shoe was found today. Both days totaled $8.18 in clad. Hope you all had a great weekend and thanks for looking. HH!

IMG_0653_zpsc2slnvyf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0654_zpsmxhelm00.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0659_zpsdxp7vqnt.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0658_zpsehwjphik.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_0657_zpsd7o0gadm.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

I managed to get a 1944 Washington quarter this weekend despite my high expectations and best efforts. You killed me on the clad end though looks like you were very productive.

PM me where this "battlefield" is on the north shore, I'm not going to poach your spot I'm just not aware of any battlefields in our neck of the woods besides the obvious Lexington and Concord.

I managed to get a 1944 Washington quarter this weekend despite my high expectations and best efforts. You killed me on the clad end though looks like you were very productive.

PM me where this "battlefield" is on the north shore, I'm not going to poach your spot I'm just not aware of any battlefields in our neck of the woods besides the obvious Lexington and Concord.

Thanks North Shore! Not a battlefield, a ballfield, local softball fields.
Where you at on the North Shore? I work in Peabody.

Thanks North Shore! Not a battlefield, a ballfield, local softball fields.
Where you at on the North Shore? I work in Peabody.

Lol interesting, my mind was wanting so bad for that to be battlefield and not ballfield. I'm in Ipswich but don't hunt there because you aren't allowed to.

You killed it man nice haul an ox shoe in a ball field?opens up a lot of possibilities. HH!
Thanks Jeff! I checked this place on historic aerials and back in 1938 it was a farm field, For now I'll remove as many targets as I can then grid it out properly in the spring.
Cool hunt! Looks like you stayed busy:grin: Nice Washington, I dug one this weekend too and it is so nice seeing that silver shine through when you flip the plug!!
Thanks Jackalope! It sure is nice, wish I had seen it before clipping it with my digger. :lol: Congrats on your GW!

Back
Top Bottom