Sheath for my digger

Gonebeeping

Elite Member
Built myself a kydex sheath for my Home Depot (Ames) digger this morning. .080 kydex for the sheath and .125 for the dangler attachment for the leather loop. I can move the attachment up or down to adjust how high or low I want to carry it.
68ff8537d430399f128a96c398166a33.jpg
4bd57c768d3105e8d511e640ef735481.jpg
a9751aa4edebcc628aedf8a89691430a.jpg

That looks great!! I've been contemplating doing that for my Predator digger. Even thought about a combo sheath for my digger and pin pointer.

great idea with Kydex, I own enough kydex holsters to open a business..lol. I should look at making sheaths at some point. Nice job.

4bd57c768d3105e8d511e640ef735481.jpg
Not bad! One suggestion though. You need to somehow secure the digger handle to the beltloop, either with a strap with a snap or a leather flap, or a rubber band sort of thing. Here's why--if you fall, or stand up and the handle gets caught on a branch or tabletop, etc, the belt loop will act as a fulcrum, and lever the tip end of the sheath into your leg. I've heard of that happening with hunting knives with thin leather sheathes, and the blade ripping right through the leather and impaling the wearer's thigh. Granted, you're likely not going to have your digger tear through the Kydex, but it would still hurt to have the thing dig into the thigh. For an illustration, put the sheath on your belt and insert the digger. Now, push the handle of the digger away from your body. You will realize what I'm talking about.

GL! HH!

I understand what your saying Crackerjack and it wouldn't be a bad addition but I thinks its a non issue with kydex. I am not real smart but I would like to think if I stood up and it got caught and began to lever away from my body and into my leg my little lizard brain would would say " hey, that's kinda uncomfortable maybe you should stop". Lol.

Great sheath! I've been wanting to give Kydex a try for some of my knives but haven't gotten around to it. Again, very nice work.

Now that's one sweet sheath, the best looking and practical looking one yet on this forum . Congrats

Back
Top Bottom