Killer B and Sunray headphone repairs

dougj7

Two of my headphones developed an intermittent open in the cable around the strain relief area on the right angle plug. I purchased some straight stereo plugs from radio shack and soldered them to the cables. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their headphones?

Attachments

• headphones.jpg
    headphones.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 352
These are the weak point on most headphones and where the cable usually breaks. You can buy 90 degree replacements online. I've done this and added my own strain reliefs.

Jeff

thanks for the replies. I thought I might have been too rough on them.

I think the straight plugs suit me better. The cord always got hooked on my lesche handle with the angled plug. The straight plug eliminates that problem.

I also had that happen to a pair of Sun Ray Pro Gold. I did the same as you. Only to find that Sun Ray head phones bought from Big Boys Hobby have a life time warranty even on the cord. Big Boys would have replaced them.

I've not had that happen yet...I have those 90 degree plugs on my phones...maybe its because I like a really long cord, so I hang them and stretch that cord out real good, so its 5' or more...and zoom over a few times with a heatgun...
Mud

Back
Top Bottom