Do you wear gloves?

I didn't use gloves for a long time because of tactile reasons. I injured my hand and had no choice. I found the following gloves at a local outdoor store.

Atlas 370 Tough Nitrile Gloves
http://www.geo-tools.com/atlas370.htm

Really ultra light and tough. I wouldn't go swing'in without them now. They stretch and fit very tightly.

Jack

P.S. This thread probably belongs in the Metal Detector Accessories Forum :P

CyberSage said:
I didn't use gloves for a long time because of tactile reasons. I injured my hand and had no choice. I found the following gloves at a local outdoor store.

Atlas 370 Tough Nitrile Gloves
http://www.geo-tools.com/atlas370.htm

Really ultra light and tough. I wouldn't go swing'in without them now. They stretch and fit very tightly.

Jack

P.S. This thread probably belongs in the Metal Detector Accessories Forum :P

Yeah it did Cyber lol....

I wear leather gloves because I have come across hypodermic needles and leather is strong.

I wear a half one on my digging hand to keep from blistering. My Lesche tool will cause serious blisters after a couple hours digging in the hard dirt here. I always bring the dirt out with the tool, not my hand, steve in so az

When I dig with a hand tool in hard ground I wear weight lifting gloves that have a reinforced padded palm and the fingers cut out. I got them at dicks sporting goods and they work great especially if you dont want the palm of your hand to become a big callus :yes:

When I first started detecting in early 2006, I sliced my right index finger open on a beer can :shock: when I tried to pull it out of the ground. I now where mechanics gloves when detecting and they are great. I won't dig without them. I still have pain in that finger :mad:.

I'm a lot more concerned about cuts and infections than blisters. I use some cheap/thin/tough gloves from Menards whenever I dig. I hardly ever squeeze the dirt like I used to. Mostly I just probe around.

Cyber, thanks for that link! I like those gloves, similar to what I currently use. I ordered myself a couple.

I always wear gloves. Very prone to poison ivy, even in the fall. Also, there might be glass or sharp metal in the hole.

I've tried quite a few different types of gloves. The ones I've settled on are from Walmart. They are covered with a blue rubber coating and a yellow cloth on the back side. They cost less than $3.00 and I've been using the same pair since fall, very rugged.

I wear an old pair of fire/rescue glove. Being a firefighter every time we get blood on our gloves we are told to throw them away. My last pair i kept and washed and wear them detecting. Basically a pair of glorified mecanics gloves. They work great!

I wear a glove on my digging hand for the same reasons mentioned above and also to just keep me grubby paw clean. With all the rain we have had, it is easy to throw off the glove and have clean hands for the drive home. Just my .02 :yawn:

I wear a pair of cheap cotton gloves while detecting. They keep my hands surprisingly clean even in mud but allow me to feel and retrieve coins when digging. They cost less than a buck per pair and can be hosed off with the water hose and used again when they are caked in dirt. Just my preference ... I keep 2-3 pair in my jeep most of the time.

angellionel said:
Cyber, thanks for that link! I like those gloves, similar to what I currently use. I ordered myself a couple.

You bet! I actually got the brand and style from Western and Eastern Treasures There was a guy in a picture wearing the gloves and I was able to read the logo on the glove. I really like'em.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom