How to keep water out of my ears

thekevin

I have terrible ears but want to do some water detecting this spring and summer. Is there a good way to snorkel and keep water out of my ears. I’m just wanting to do some shallow fresh water hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have terrible ears but want to do some water detecting this spring and summer. Is there a good way to snorkel and keep water out of my ears. I’m just wanting to do some shallow fresh water hunting.

So why don't you just get a scoop and keep your head out of the water?

What is wrong with your ears that you can't get them wet? Here in the rivers you can get ear infections. But you can make a home made ear drop if you Google it and it will keep you from getting infections.

I haven't had an issue in years. I used to go to Canada and get a solution at the pharmacy called dry ear over the counter. Not available in the USA. Also antibiotic ear drops can be bought over the counter in Canada.

http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/swimmers-ear-drops-62628

There are lots of home made solutions you can put in your ear after getting out of the water. I believe most will work.

I have had tubes in my ears 7 times and when they get water in them they always end up bleeding. I think that the scoop would work fine on a sandy beach but what about gravel in the rivers.

Any type of "plug" is going to drastically reduce your ability to hear targets though your headphones. You might want to consider something like these two products to help clear/evaporate water from your ears/drains to avoid bacterial infections. When I swam competitively I used Swimear after each and every pool practice and it helped bigtime.

Attachments

• 91U4jKyMWXL._SL1500_.jpg
    91U4jKyMWXL._SL1500_.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 156
  • Bottle_with-Towel.jpg
    Bottle_with-Towel.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 158

In addition to drops, when you are underwater, try to keep your head facing forward or looking down. Try not to turn your head sideways(ears facing up and down). The water pours right in. At least in my ears it does.

Use some waterproof ear buds and wire them to your machine if you can. My Excal has a ctx connection for my headphones. I made some water proof buds with the same connector type for my CTX because,..well.... headphone volume basically sucks in the water on the CTX. With the buds they SCREAM. If this is all to much work to have to mod your machine and then try to solder angel hair connections to a new plug maybe you need to get some of the mentioned swimmers ear stuff. If that doesn't help maybe you need to stay out of the water as much as I hate to say that to you. Hearing is pretty important in life and I wouldn't suggest you jeopardize it for anything.

Back
Top Bottom