ARA Refinery - Experience Last week. No worries!

Skippy SH13

Forum Supporter
Last week, I tossed another bag of gold and silver in the mail and sent it off with the paperwork. On Thursday, I got a phone call from ARA letting me know one of the pieces that was marked 14K was only testing at 10K, and that the diamonds weren't real. Asked if I still wanted a stone removal, or would melt & shoot be preferred. VERY COOL.

I actually had tested that gold myself, a while back, and remembered that it was 10K, stamped 14. But, I had forgotten. I also knew the stones didn't test positive. I had checked "stone removal" intending to send in another ring with real diamonds, but at the last minute, changed my mind. Didn't think about the check box. Duh. Very cool that they called about it and double checked what I wanted. Then they called again on Friday, telling me the silver came out funny, and they wanted me to know. They were expecting sterling results, and it was low. I totally forgot that the big giant spoon (which weighed close to 2 ounces, actually only had 9 pennyweights of silver in it (stamped 9 drms). No problems, there, either, but again, VERY cool for them to call and have a conversation about it.

I expected about $450 from the melt of everything. I asked what the check would be and they told me $452. See that? AWESOME.

I told them so, and told them I've been very happy with their service. ARA told me they're very interested in happy customers, and said they were looking forward to my next batch (which shows up about every 4 months).

So... I understand there may have been some phone issues last week, but I've got to say, they're as rock solid on delivery as they ever have been. Refine with confidence folks.

Cheers,

Skippy

Great Report there Skip! A guy can breath easy knowing this about ARA...Hey, what we do is an extreme effort, so a fellow needs to know that there is somebody out there up front and honest and fairly appreciates what we do! Sweet!

I really like ARA, but appreciate these types of posts. Trust, but verify!

Thanks for the confirmation.

I am thinking about using ARA for my first time. a friend and I where using a local refinery but had issues with then last time. They paid 98% as well and we got it the same day. The new blood that runs it cheated us last time. So may give them a call if I can't sell my scrap somewhere else.

I am thinking about using ARA for my first time. a friend and I where using a local refinery but had issues with then last time. They paid 98% as well and we got it the same day. The new blood that runs it cheated us last time. So may give them a call if I can't sell my scrap somewhere else.

It's pretty dang easy to setup an account, you just print the docs and send it in with your first order.

Cheers,

Skippy

IF you are having them remove stones, the ONLY thing I will say is take pictures of ALL your rings containing stones.

This is the ONLY problem I have had. A 1/4 carat diamond disappeared and they paid me for it. And I have received stones from rings I didn't send in and I have not got my stones back. All non precious but a bit disturbing. That has happened twice.

The price they have paid has been on the money. Just the stone problem.

Being new to MD'ing i have wondered where to send or take the rings and such that i find. While looking at the ARA website, it states that they do not deal with the general public and commercial accounts only. Is everyone sending this stuff in a business? or are they some how "creating" a commercial business?

Being new to MD'ing i have wondered where to send or take the rings and such that i find. While looking at the ARA website, it states that they do not deal with the general public and commercial accounts only. Is everyone sending this stuff in a business? or are they some how "creating" a commercial business?

They have to say that to appease the government. There isn't any problems.

Back
Top Bottom