Paulb

I hit the yard again at the house we just moved into.Here is what I found:
1951 D Wheat Penny
1940 Wheat Penny
1964 Nickle
1941 Nickle
1967 Quarter
1977 Penny
WOW!!! :wow: I had two more pennies that I had to clean to tell the dates on them.I just went and did that and I can't believe what I found.It's my oldest coin so far...a 1904 Indian Head Penny.I know it's not a huge find but for me it is.Oh yeah,the other penny is a 1915 Wheat Penny.I also found the old trash burning pit out there.I was pulling old light switch plates and metals that wouldn't burn out of the burned up wood.I found what looked like an old metal box about 10" down and it was falling apart but I couldn't get it to pop out of the ground.I don't think anything is in it though.Well have a great wekend everyone and HH.Paul

congrats, those are some great finds, I wouldn't mind finding a wheatie that old or a few IHs either. Sounds like you moved into a great place!

Wow, WTG. I know how you feel with that Indian Head. When I found my Merc, my friend, a coin collector almost all his life, just said, "Oh yeah, Mercury huh? Wanna sell?"

I wish I had a yard like that. At my new house they had to bring in enough sand to build up the ground level about four feet, then about 4 inches of rocky topsoil. :(

Thanks for the replies.Between my finds today and yesterday I'd say this is a pretty good yard.Now if only I can sweettalk the neighbors ;)

Back
Top Bottom