The Scoop on Stealth

Kob

It's ok, you are the 1st I have herd to take a factory tour , prior threads , this has never been done , most likely because they are new to the scoop business, still owning 4 Sunspots under warranty , your opinion matter's to me , and maybe to other's who never saw prior threads , chiming out , I am glad I have found Xtreme , now making higher end scoops, 316 SS, titanium , choice of CF handle's , is great new's , happy hunting.

Fwiw, I received my new stealth 720 hybrid and couldn't be happier. The quality of the scoop is fantastic! While I cant speak to stainless quality, the welds and build quality appear great. Much sturdier and beefy than I expected, also lighter than I expected. The shipping was super fast and stealth threw in a few extras for me!

Well the Xtreme Titanium Scoop is available and I received mine in 2 days. I already own the Stealth 720i with a CF handle so I can make a comparison on price.
The Xtreme Titanium Scoop is about $137 more than the current 720i. It is super light and comes with the CF handle, Motus grip and a quality finds bag.
I love the light weight of this scoop and it will save on my shoulders.

Well the Xtreme Titanium Scoop is available and I received mine in 2 days. I already own the Stealth 720i with a CF handle so I can make a comparison on price.
The Xtreme Titanium Scoop is about $137 more than the current 720i. It is super light and comes with the CF handle, Motus grip and a quality finds bag.
I love the light weight of this scoop and it will save on my shoulders.

I own the 920ix and the new XTREME titanium X3. The price difference you quoted isn’t correct.

The 720i completely kitted out with all the hybrid features and a full length carbon fiber pole is $442 which includes shipping.

The XTREME 3K In Titanium (rounded bottom scoop) costs between $575-$595 depending on the package you choose. This does not include shipping.

X3 All-Terrain in Titanium (the closest in comparison to the Stealth 720) costs between $625-$645 depending on the package you choose. This also doesn’t include shipping.

Choosing the lower cost package on an XTREME X3 titanium
scoop, that is an extra $183 + shipping costs compared to the Stealth 720i.

An extra $180+ bucks for titanium is worth it to me, but maybe not for everyone. If it isn’t to you, then Stealth scoops are beasts that will last and last.

Oh, and to the point of this thread, the 920ix I purchased was manufactured just after the business changed hands last year. I have used it for over a year in three oceans on two continents, and it is a tank. I take care of it, and don’t let salt water evaporate off of it. No rust, no weld failures, and the travel and full length Carbon Fiber poles are perfection.

My Achilles heel in outdoor equipment is titanium. If it is titanium and well manufactured I will probably buy it. Now that I have a new X3 the Missus can join me on hunts since she now has a scoop she can lift, and I will rock the 920 till it is worn down to a nub (and sneak a few hunts with the titanium scoop when my gal is out of town).

Point being, if the Stealth is more in your price range you will not be disappointed as the scoops are still top-notch and I love their CF handles. If you want to go with the latest and greatest, you can make an informed decision with what is available in this forum via word of mouth.

Titanium yea right.
Well that’s not gonna happen in my lifetime especially when I’m on Social Security, that’s a 3rd of my check.
That is one of my best dreams scours..
Look at the exercise I get with my Stainless steel one I have.
Doug

I own the 920ix and the new XTREME titanium X3. The price difference you quoted isn’t correct.

The 720i completely kitted out with all the hybrid features and a full length carbon fiber pole is $442 which includes shipping.

The XTREME 3K In Titanium (rounded bottom scoop) costs between $575-$595 depending on the package you choose. This does not include shipping.

X3 All-Terrain in Titanium (the closest in comparison to the Stealth 720) costs between $625-$645 depending on the package you choose. This also doesn’t include shipping.

An extra $180+ bucks for titanium is worth it to me, but maybe not for everyone. If it isn’t to you, then Stealth scoops are beasts that will last and last.
And if you opt for the limited edition , blood free , diamond encrusted shaft , that will set you back another $20,000us. Oh did you also want it blessed by the Pope with holy water ? Well that's gonna be.....

And if you opt for the limited edition , blood free , diamond encrusted shaft , that will set you back another $20,000us. Oh did you also want it blessed by the Pope with holy water ? Well that's gonna be.....

Make sure you install a GPS tracker on it in case you leave it leaning against your car as you drive off :D

The CF shaft did come with a small sliver of dark brown wood embedded in the top. When I asked I was told it was a piece from Moses’ staff. You recite an incantation and the sea parts, making water hunting a breeze.

Too funny guys ! But seriously...I wonder who , what and when will be the 1st $1000 scoop ?

Unfortunately, I live in the same county as Stealth Scoops and pay more when you add the sales tax. My cost would be a little under $470 for the 720i Hybrid like I already own. So my mistake for not mentioning that was a consideration.

I can almost buy 3 StarvR scoops for that. Call me cheap.... but I’ve never bent or had one damaged not even my fiberglass cheap a$$ handles. I just want a good scoop for a fair price.... I’d much rather spend it on accessories or toward a detector I guess. I’m guess I’m to practical about what I really need.... one reason I don’t play golf.:laughing::laughing:

I can almost buy 3 StarvR scoops for that. Call me cheap.... but I’ve never bent or had one damaged not even my fiberglass cheap a$$ handles. I just want a good scoop for a fair price.... I’d much rather spend it on accessories or toward a detector I guess. I’m guess I’m to practical about what I really need.... one reason I don’t play golf.:laughing::laughing:
Geez Dew , how long have you been detecting ? You hunt strictly soft , dry , sugar sand only ? I've had more scoops than detectors. Maybe you dig slow and careful...

Geez Dew , how long have you been detecting ? You hunt strictly soft , dry , sugar sand only ? I've had more scoops than detectors. Maybe you dig slow and careful...

He hunts 8 hours a day neck deep in the water generally... or that is what is rumored... :yes:

Good Luck with the titanium scoops, I've had two..just like all scoops they wear in time and break. That been said I did break down and buy a Carbon fiber handle for my 720, very nice but never buy another. 160 compared to 15 dollars I can not see the extra money spent.

Im getting old Craig..... cutting back my hours to about 6 or 7. Just ask some of the guys that occasional hunt with me...... it can be a fun day trip.:lol: I have a combination of beaches that can change. Go from sand like slurry concrete, hard pan, or tons of shells to get thru. I do take my time .... but then i only dig gold.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Seriously, i just need a quality scoop and after years of use you learn how to dig better and not end up killing your body in the process. It really is a learned process. I believe i have 2 starvR, ProScoop, RTG right now.

Im getting old Craig..... cutting back my hours to about 6 or 7. Just ask some of the guys that occasional hunt with me...... it can be a fun day trip.:lol: I have a combination of beaches that can change. Go from sand like slurry concrete, hard pan, or tons of shells to get thru. I do take my time .... but then i only dig gold.:laughing::laughing::laughing: Seriously, i just need a quality scoop and after years of use you learn how to dig better and not end up killing your body in the process. It really is a learned process. I believe i have 2 starvR, ProScoop, RTG right now.
(c)"... i have 2 starvR" - Stavr ... Sir! :yes:

Sorry, I know that this is an old thread but I did want to add a little. I too visited the new facility in Westminster to pick up a carbon fiber handle for my 720i scoop. In that picture it is the building on the right not the one in the left foreground.
As KOB mentioned, the gals in the front office were very nice and professional. I asked how the scoops part of their business was doing and was told that it was slow when all the beaches were shut down but was starting to pick up again. When they saw my older 720 scoop they reminded me a couple of times that the lifetime warranty would still be in effect with them. They showed me the new version of the scoop and it looked very similar to mine but they said the newer version was stronger.
My new cf shaft is fastened by both the set screw clamp and by a washer and bolt at the bottom of the shaft inside the scoop. I've used it twice and it feels very strong and durable.
A buddy of mine got a Sito scoop and I have to say that it looks and feels very solid, especially, for the money. The metal was noticeably thicker and the scoop felt pretty heavy to me but looked well built.

These threads remain open so members can still respond to them... closing old threads would make this a very boring place :lol:

Good to hear they are still selling scoops... being on the east coast I have my scoop repaired at a local shop... I'm not sending it 2000 miles for something I can have done here in 10 minutes...

My guy fixes it for $20 dollars what would the shipping be?

Back
Top Bottom