The Name Says it All! B V L G A R I (UPDATE - SOLD!)

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Going into the weekend I didn’t think I would be able to get a hunt in due to rough surf conditions. Yesterday however it looked like it would be doable today on the surf app. I awoke and checked the surf cam and it still looked a bit rough but I thought I would be able to get a hunt in. When I got to the beach the winds were good but the surf still was rolling in some nasty stuff. I also noticed cuts along the shoreline on South Beach – a rarity! Well I got in the water and was slammed a bit with the headphones coming off and decided at that point to work the cuts and make it a wet sand hunt. I was getting some greenies and kept going at it for over an hour. I cross paths with another pirate working the same wet sand heading south as I as going north. Then there was a calmer section of water and got in and hunted for just over 2 hours. Very few targets and that’s when the nice cheapo polarized sunglasses showed up. Then, the last hour of the hunt, I headed back working the wet sand again. During this time, I got a high tone and though I had another penny when the little silver ring showed up. Not long after that I got a break in the PP threshold and switch over to discriminate and get a scratchy tone. I dig one deep scoop and nothing – still in the hole. It comes up in the second scoop and I notice a big ring with a bunch of crud encrusting it as I fall down and the ring falls back in the hole.:roll: I finally retrieve the ring and notice the tell-tale “BVLGARI” on the side of the ring. At first I thought it was an imitation, but as start to rub it with sand it gets shinier! I now decide it’s possibly the real deal!!! :dingding: What’s funny is just about 20-30 yards away was another pirate with his CTX working the cut I had worked 3 hours earlier. This ring was deep and not near a “visible” cut. Evidently there was some erosion on some not so obvious sections of beach. At home with my jeweler’s glasses, I can see tiny inner markings “57”, “AU750”, “3646AL”,”Made in Italy” “Steel” and a serial #. My very 1st BVLGARI and on the board for December!

Attachments

• 12-2-18.jpg
    12-2-18.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 746
  • 12-2-18 Rings.jpg
    12-2-18 Rings.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 712
  • 12-2-18 Bvlgari.jpg
    12-2-18 Bvlgari.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 713
  • 12-2-18 Euro.jpg
    12-2-18 Euro.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 695
  • 12-2-18 Fits.jpg
    12-2-18 Fits.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 704
Last edited:
Interesting, you posted at 4:24 PM and my clock says it's only 4:21. Either you're investing in futures or the site is still running on daylight time...:laughing:

Anyway, congratulations, really cool find! Who else but Bvlgari could get away with mating gold and steel? Probably Tiffany....

Wowza!!!! That is a crazy good find. Trying to find one for MSRP compare but it is comma money.

BCD

EDIT. Found it!

B.Zero1 Anish Kapoor 18K Rose Gold/ Stainless Steel -- 1,300 retail.

Sweet save there ..WOW!! Let us know how much you get for that baby! Very Nice!

Found it!

B.Zero1 Anish Kapoor 18K Rose Gold/ Stainless Steel -- 1,300 retail.
Thanks!
nice-lets see what steel is worth
Well the outer bands are 18K :roll:. Sexton told me he sold one for $260.

I don't know if it's their yellow or rose gold though. I can't tell. I will be taking it for id and authentication at a BVLGARI boutique here in Miami. This one will go up for sale in January just in time for Valentine's Day!

Going into the weekend I didn’t think I would be able to get a hunt in due to rough surf conditions. Yesterday however it looked like it would be doable today on the surf app. I awoke and checked the surf cam and it still looked a bit rough but I thought I would be able to get a hunt in. When I got to the beach the winds were good but the surf still was rolling in some nasty stuff. I also noticed cuts along the shoreline on South Beach – a rarity! Well I got in the water and was slammed a bit with the headphones coming off and decided at that point to work the cuts and make it a wet sand hunt. I was getting some greenies and kept going at it for over an hour. I cross paths with another pirate working the same wet sand heading south as I as going north. Then there was a calmer section of water and got in and hunted for just over 2 hours. Very few targets and that’s when the nice cheapo polarized sunglasses showed up. Then, the last hour of the hunt, I headed back working the wet sand again. During this time, I got a high tone and though I had another penny when the little silver ring showed up. Not long after that I got a break in the PP threshold and switch over to discriminate and get a scratchy tone. I dig one deep scoop and nothing – still in the hole. It comes up in the second scoop and I notice a big ring with a bunch of crud encrusting it as I fall down and the ring falls back in the hole.:roll: I finally retrieve the ring and notice the tell-tale “BVLGARI” on the side of the ring. At first I thought it was an imitation, but as start to rub it with sand it gets shinier! I now decide it’s possibly the real deal!!! :dingding: What’s funny is just about 20-30 yards away was another pirate with his CTX working the cut I had worked 3 hours earlier. This ring was deep and not near a “visible” cut. Evidently there was some erosion on some not so obvious sections of beach. At home with my jeweler’s glasses, I can see tiny inner markings “57”, “AU750”, “3646AL”,”Made in Italy” “Steel” and a serial #. My very 1st BVLGARI and on the board for December!

Nice find, Felix! I've found two BVLGARI items. Both of them rusted fakes. LOL

Much better to find a real one, and apparently soon enough the SS didn't rust out!

Dude! By the way its shaped, I think that might not be a ring at all but one of those ear lobe plugs? I mean Hey, you certainly are hunting the right stretch of beach...

Dude! By the way its shaped, I think that might not be a ring at all but one of those ear lobe plugs? I mean Hey, you certainly are hunting the right stretch of beach...
I have a friend that thought the same thing! :laughing: Ear gauges - except this is meant to be a ring. I gotta imagine that there's some rich emo/grunger type out there that's wearing a pair of these at $1,300 a pop!

I have a friend that thought the same thing! :laughing: Ear gauges - except this is meant to be a ring. I gotta imagine that there's some rich emo/grunger type out there that's wearing a pair of these at $1,300 a pop!

A guy just never knows anymore...Especially hunting South beach with all the ungodly trend setters that frequent that stretch...Maybe he wasnt wearing a pair? Consider this possibility if you will...Instead of an ear gauge...

Maybe its a 'Bvlgari Bvutt Hole Sphincter' ringlet? I dont know man, found in that stretch, $1300 retail, Stainless steel, rimmed in gold...? And It fits? Just saying? Its all adding up! :laughing:

I dont know if Bvlgari makes such an item, but I would guess if they did, it would sell....I mean hey...People right? Its gotta be a huge hit in certain circles, especially with a silver whistle attachment or as a flagpole stanchion??:laughing:

It aint a ring though dude..its concaved like that for a purpose...So?

Well done on the find and sell Felix! By the way. Someone mentioned ear gauges. I usually don't post those yucky things. But check out this big crusty Van Gogh:shock::laughing:

Attachments

• IMG_3499.jpg
    IMG_3499.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 535
Back
Top Bottom