First Hunt

Silver Buckeye

Hello from Northeast Ohio. A few days ago I bought a metal detector for work purposes (i.e. detecting property corners and shallow utilities) and figured I'd take it into the backyard for a couple hours to learn how to use it. My 5 year old boy accompanied me. Our first hole we found a dime. It was only a 2015, but my boy was ecstatic. You would have thought it was gold. We hunted for 2 hours and found a bunch of junk and one more dime, a 1980. And during that 2 hours I didn't think about work or anything, which is pretty rare for me. Anyway, I think its safe to say I'm hooked. Hoping to get a couple more hours practicing in the yard again tomorrow and then maybe we'll venture afield. Already researching potential places.

IMG_5772reduced.jpg

Welcome from Utah. I seem to find more dimes than any other coin. Maybe because they are smaller and lost easier.

Found my first civil war toe tap in a creek today with my daughter. Very good time!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yup đź‘Ť Sell that machine wile you still have some assemblence of a normal life .
Save yourself !!!!!
It's way more adictive then golf or fishing or anything I have ever wrapped my arm as around đź‘™

Hey SB, Im in NEO too!!! Anytime you want to get together give a holler!
I have a couple of guest machines to choose from lol!
DD

Thanks everyone for the comments. I can tell its addictive.

DD - would definitely like to get together for a hunt. I could use all the pointers I can get. Going to have a free Saturday morning in a couple weeks. Will PM you.

Welcome from Connecticut. I think that not only are you hooked but so is your son. a nice thing to do together with him. Good luck on your next time out with the detector.

Welcome from SW WI.

First of all let me apologize in advance for next Saturday night :lol:

Glad you had a blast and welcome to the hobby!

Ohio has many treasures and it is up to us to find them. Greetings from mercer county on the other end of the state...my 22 year old daughter goes to school in north canton.
What ya swingin kid!

AT Pro. Just learning how to use it.

Saturday night putting my boy to bed he said we should go detecting Sunday AM while Momma was still sleeping. So we did. Got about an hour in in the backyard. One Jefferson nickel and bunch of slaw. But continue to learn.

Big Treble - Wiscy has a heck of a team. Will be a great game.

Back
Top Bottom