Happy Thanksgiving!

Thats a succulent looking slab there! Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for all the wonderful posts!

Thanks Mud, I enjoy the feedback!

You find the most beautiful things! :)

I wonder if you'd beat OBN on gold weight...hmmm. I know he finds a lot of gold rings, but yours seem to have some heft!

:)

Thanks Skippy, it's been a great year. I'm at 13.85 ounces.

Hope you both have a great turkey day! Looks like rain so stay off the beaches and let the gold rest a day. :D

Rainy and horrible sanded in. Will check spots tomorrow. Today we eat and enjoy family. :)

Lol you have a point here, hope Joe doesnt have to break out the scale on turkey day as the :kingdances: just might loose the. Crown to the Queen , Kapi does pull alot of weight , She might have him beat on gold weight , and higher end gold like 18 & 22 , i am sure Kapi has hers all weighed out, seperated, and has busted Joe down to Q Howboutit Joe :lol::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::turkey::happythanks:

I'm at 13.85 ounces. 158.92 grams 10K, 183.71 grams 14K, 25.87 grams 18K, 23.31 grams 22K and 1 gram 24K

That’s a nice band there Kapi and congrats on all the gold, and happy thanksgiving!

Thanks GroundSweeper!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Metal detecting may seem trivial compared to faith, family, friends, employment, a place to call "home", having enough to eat, health, etc.. But, I am grateful to have one of the best hobbies in the world. :yes:
I have a couple of older friends who are as passionate about metal detecting as anyone but after 40 years of hunting, declining health is severely limiting their ability to get out. After finding thousands of rings you might think that they would be satisfied and could easily move on to something else but that is not the case. Not being able to go out treasure hunting really tears them up and they miss seeing gold in the scoop. :(
So I, for one, am trying hard not to take metal detecting for granted- It's a blessing to have the means and the health to enjoy all the benefits of this hobby. :yes: GL, HH and HT!

You're so correct. Detecting is getting very difficult for Larry and I both! We've taken up painting rocks and hiding rocks. At one park near Larry's people hide dozens of them every day for people to find. It's like a big Easter egg hunt daily. We enjoy going to find them and seeing if we can spot some really artistic ones. (Some are incredibly talented at it including Larry!) It's not gold but it's a close second. Plus we can hide painted rocks and sometimes see someone find it in the park and enjoy their reaction. Look up The Kindness Rocks Project if you're curious as to what I'm talking about :)

Happy Thanksgiving to all

Thanks DigDeepNow!

Congrads on 63 "B"!! Another beauty too!! I'm in recon mod for next years treasure spots so there won't be many more in my scoop. Good Luck and Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.

Thanks OBN! Larry fried a turkey and we are enjoying the day with my son :)

Detecting for the day included finding property markers for the outla... er... inlaws! :D

Other extracurricular activities included making the pumpkin soup:
http://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/zesty-pumpkin-soup-80992
No need to blend, just serve it out of the pot.

It's easy and you outla... er... d@mn... INlaws will love you for it. :D

R5

Larry did that for my neighbor after Matthew blew their fence down. Love Pumpkin, may have to try that soup :)

I here you all

That means Kapi is knocking at your back door Joe:lol:, sure glad i am not King, bought 10k in furniture , a nice amish all wood set going in the guest room Joe, seally queen set mattress, it will be another week of un packing settling in East Coast later. Ps OBN you need to break it down like Kapi 10, 14, 18, 22 k howbohtit

Back
Top Bottom