It's official: Christmas Season is here

Gauntlet

Forum Supporter
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/huge-black-friday-brawl-inside-11577982

Black Friday shoppers got into a huge brawl at a shopping mall as wild footage shows women wrestling on the floor and being handcuffed by police.

Women were seen punching and kicking each other, while one allegedly threw a shoe that hit a baby.

There were scenes of chaos as the women brawled and police and staff struggled to break them apart.

Stunned witnesses laughed and recorded video on their mobile phones as police ordered them to leave the store.

The mall in the US state of Alabama had to be shut down early after multiple fights were reported, while a shooting left one person critically injured at a mall in Missouri as Black Friday shoppers showed up looking for deals.
----------------------------------
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-...at-black-friday-crowds-wear-employee-uniforms

US shoppers’ lust for Black Friday bargains this year has reached absurd new levels, evidenced by a viral joke that morphed into a disturbing new trend to help shoppers beat Wal-Mart and other big box store crowds by disguising themselves as temporary holiday employees. It started when Twitter user @OverlyLiked announcing he would be selling his Walmart vest for $100.

“I’m selling this Walmart vest for $100,” he wrote. “Use it to skip the line during Black Friday. You can even walk in, grab what you want, and walk out."

Wow, the onlookers must have been like - :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

My wife and I were invited by her former college teacher (she taught financial stuff and became friends with my wife) to spend Thanksgiving with her and her husband and many of their relatives were there too. Anyhow her (former) teacher asked everyone if they liked shopping on black Friday or just sleeping in and I think a majority (if not all) preferred to avoid black Friday shopping, and one reason was because how some shoppers can act very ugly in their quest to get sales stuff and that article you shared sure proved that !

That Walmart vest idea :laughing: while it is sneaky and even like cheating is very creative thinking though I don't think I'd feel good about trying something like that :lol:

Even though that person meant it as a joke, I would not be surprised that some people might not actually try it now that the idea is out there :lol:

I will always look fondly upon the time when the day after thanksgiving meant my mother coming home with a couple of Sears Christmas catalogs. This lead to much trickery, espionage, and chicanery in order to monopolize one.

I like to Christmas shop on-line. Other than a package being lost in transit, what's the worst that can happen? A flame war? :)

-- Tom

P.S. I avoid buying higher-end electronics on Amazon. I bought a computer that worked until the initial charge died, and it never would charge again. Luckily, it manifested its lack of quality within the return window, so back it went. Looking online, apparently many users had the same issue I did.

I will always look fondly upon the time when the day after thanksgiving meant my mother coming home with a couple of Sears Christmas catalogs. This lead to much trickery, espionage, and chicanery in order to monopolize one.

Hey, bring back memories of the toys you used to wish for, they archived many of those old catalogs at this link -

http://www.wishbookweb.com/the-catalogs/

Here are a few pics from the 1968 sears wishbook -

Remember "View-Master" ? ......................How about those round plastic disks that played music ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
1968_sears_wishbook_1.jpg

Walkie-Talkies, the early version of a cell phone ? :lol:
1968_sears_wishbook_2.jpg

A manual powered "Segway" ? :lol:
1968_sears_wishbook_3.jpg

Football game before video games :lol:
1968_sears_wishbook_4.jpg

What you used before VHS and DVDs :lol:
1968_sears_wishbook_5.jpg

Last edited:
Ran out of lunch supplies the other year on Turkey day and had to stop by Walmart around 7 or 8pm. Of course they had everything roped off and people already lined up everywhere. Wow... the look I got from some of the people in line when I went walking past them to grab a box of Little Debbie's. Thought they were ready to jump me for a few. Just hollared out I was only there for the snack cakes and they relaxed. Lucky to make it out with my life.

Thanks. I tried attaching the image, but it didn't work for me, so I went with the link.

No problem, glad to help !

There are some things that are difficult or impossible to save a copy of the normal way so I found a free program called "PicPick" where you can choose an area to copy and save as a photo.

You can find it on the Cnet download site or the direct site, the version for personal at home use is free -

http://ngwin.com/picpick/download

see this on the above link -

PicPick1.jpg

When you install it make a desktop icon you can click on whenever you need to use it.

Open the program first, then put whatever you want to copy a section of (web page, ect.) on your computer screen, then at the bottom of your screen the program icon should be in the taskbar, click on it to bring it on top so you can select the "region" option, then the program page disappears and a "crosshair" appears, I usually start in the upper left corner of the area I want to copy and hold down the "left click" button and drag it open to cover the area you want to copy, the let up on the "left click" button and then choose "file" then "save as" then I usually choose the JPG format, and name it whatever you want to name it.

PicPick2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom