Morgan Silver Dollar, Walker, other good Montana finds!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
While I did not find these, I did get some email pics from a buddy (uses Nox 800) that did a bit of detecting in a Central Montana town over the last couple of days. He made some great finds, so thought I'd post some pics of what he recovered.

The Barber Quarter was actually about 1" into the Concrete on a front sidewalk and had to be chipped out, most of these coins came out of curb strips, and the Silver Dollar was along a sidewalk and only a few inches down. Some very nice finds, enjoy!

Attachments

• jason1.jpg
    jason1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 342
  • jason2.jpg
    jason2.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 347
  • jason3.jpg
    jason3.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 342
  • jason4.jpg
    jason4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 319
  • jason5.jpg
    jason5.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 323
  • jason6.jpg
    jason6.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 345
  • jason7.jpg
    jason7.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 357
Nice morgan! Some little kid probably lost it back in the 1940s??

Thanks metaladdict, I think you are right, looks pretty nice but with some wear, so not a super old drop. Found with the Merc Dimes so probably is that 1930's-40's time frame on the Big Shiny.

Love the black silver, whole hand full of dirty coins is an amazing trip, what fun

Good show ! Although you didn't find them, and you're posting on behalf of a friend, tell him "Thanx for taking us along". Great eye-candy. It's not every day that a Morgan pops up !

Love the black silver, whole hand full of dirty coins is an amazing trip, what fun

Thanks for the comments, and yes, I think my bud had a good time finding these!

Good show ! Although you didn't find them, and you're posting on behalf of a friend, tell him "Thanx for taking us along". Great eye-candy. It's not every day that a Morgan pops up !

Thanks Tom, happy to post some good pics! I did forward him a link to this Forum thread so he will see you comments, thank you!

Montana... big sky country AND big silver!

Congrats to your buddy! Awesome finds, like the old Girl Scout ring too, but the Morgan :wow: just super!

How does one replace their plug after chipping a hole in someone’s sidewalk?

How does one replace their plug after chipping a hole in someone’s sidewalk?

Hah! That is a good one! Maybe after a run to the hardware store to get some quick setting concrete! Actually, in this case, my friend said that coin was along the side of the sidewalk about 2-3 down, so he attacked the target from the side not the top!:lol:

I’m going to add a small baggie full of quick setting hydraulic cement to my gear bag, just in case LOL.

Back
Top Bottom