2 cents worth

Jeff R

Elite Member
I was waiting for my wife to get out of a store....
Well, in the woods 100 yards from the street I popped this baby out.
About 8 inches. Great shape for a copper!

It may well be the small motto :shock: :lol: :wow:$$$$$
Today's trivia : what American coin first had "In God We Trust" on it?
Answer is pictured below - the 1864 2 cent piece!

Attachments

• 2centt.JPG
    2centt.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 280
  • 2centh.JPG
    2centh.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 263
Nice 2-Center, man! My uncle also found one in that condition.

great looking 2-center jeff , i just got my first a few weeks ago. they come out pretty good but that one is really purty :yes: wish they made 'em all out of bronze or silver . we all would have alot more good'uns for the displays

Definitely large motto, the O and D are the keys, on the large motto they are quite close together, and the uprights of the two letters are thick, while the horizontal lines are thinner. Also the first T is separated from the fold in the ribbon. The small motto has O and D close with vertical and horizontal lines of equal thickness, T close to ribbon fold.

freakin awesome.. you know for some reason when males wait for females it really pays off sometimes!!

I heard of a guy watching his wife play hold em poker and while she was doing that he went away for a second to play wheel of $5 slot and won eight million dollars more than his wife!!

That is one great find and in very good condition. Congrats to you.

Nice coin! I'm up to 7 in 3 years. Here's a small motto I found last year and a "Hat Trick" of Large motto's I found at one site this year.  They give off a weird signal so I assume most passed them up.

Attachments

• 2-cent sm. motto.jpg
    2-cent sm. motto.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 149
  • Copy of HAT TRICK 2 CENTS.jpg
    Copy of HAT TRICK 2 CENTS.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 149
Back
Top Bottom