Epic Day!

Texashunter36

So I’ve been at this now for a year or so I believe. My uncles closer to 4 years and lives in a historic neighborhood so he’s had some really epic days before he got me into it. We both used Garrett’s at first then he got a Deus but didn’t like it. Well he’s been using it lately and loving it and I bought a Etrac and loving it.

Today we had our first epic day together. His 2nd plug of the day was a near mint condition ‘42 walker 50 cent piece. He finished the day with a ‘60 Rosie. All wheats at top of pic are his. I hasn’t found a merc till today then I went on to find 2, a 1918 and 1942. Also added another Silver ‘42 George to my collection. Icing on the cake was a ‘42 War Nickel, my first old nickel.

Where we were hunting was my Moms old hometown which I’ve been to many many times over the years and still have a grandma there. I’ve always heard about the old WW2 pilot training base there and today I found a Pendant with the saying “UT VIRI VOLENT” on it which means That Men May Fly. It was awarded to pilots who completed training so I basically found a piece of town history as it was most likely dropped by a pilot training there.

I’ve never found more than 2 silvers in a day and crossed off 2 first on my list. Days like today definitely keep the fire burning to do more and more.

7eb733f8bcc6cf82819f8cf489b52199.jpg

a2e58297fa0073bc4186338bb6c58c88.jpg

79aaa98942bcfada21179f34cf918ea6.jpg

274ce9226d8713c2c3372f6036873dda.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone! I gotta say, I’m a HUGE fan of the Etrac. I love how there can be iron all around a coin but I will at least get a good enough tone from the Etrac to know to dig it.

Definitely a good day!! That Walker! I havent found one yet but Im hopeful the area I hit yesterday will produce one! Congrats on the silvers!

You found an Army distinguished unit insignia pin

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Not arguing with ya but I found a ton of info on the internet and a picture of the same pin with the same motto on it and it’s a US Army Air Force pin for pilots who had compeleted training. Advanced flight school to be exact.

Not arguing with ya but I found a ton of info on the internet and a picture of the same pin with the same motto on it and it’s a US Army Air Force pin for pilots who had compeleted training. Advanced flight school to be exact.
Yes. Forgive me. It's army and in the style of a DUI. I couldn't read the slogan on it so I didn't know specifically which unit or school or training program it was for but since there are around a hundred or more current and former DUI pins that are very similar to the one you found, I assumed it was a DUI pin. I apologize for the misinformation that I provided.

Yes. Forgive me. It's army and in the style of a DUI. I couldn't read the slogan on it so I didn't know specifically which unit or school or training program it was for but since there are around a hundred or more current and former DUI pins that are very similar to the one you found, I assumed it was a DUI pin. I apologize for the misinformation that I provided.

No problem man! I didn’t take offense to it, I was just second guessing the info I’d found there for a second haha.

Back
Top Bottom