Ace 250 worked good in Cancun, MX.

Novicehunter

I just returned from a spring break trip with the family to the Moon Palace resort in Cancun, Mexico. I really wanted to have purchased an AT Pro before the trip so I could use it in the water, but that didn't work out. Turned out, our beach had seaweed washing up 24-7, and they had a tractor contantly cleanIng it. I wouldn't have been able to use the AT Pro anyway. I did take my Ace 250 for something to do. It didn't work so well in Puerto Vallarta the year before, so I wasn't expecting much in Cancun. So, I hit the beach for a couple mornings. The Ace 250 worked really well in the powdery white coral sand. I found mostly trash at 3-6" deep. That resort cleans the welll used areas of the beach every morning with a power rake that scoops all the trash into a rear bin, and then the guy dumped it in the seaweed line at the waters edge. I figure that guy got most of the daily lost coins etc., because it looked like he sorted through it. I did notice that the rake machine only went down a couple inches. Triple crown of disappointment, seaweed in the water, a cleaned beach, and no AT Pro for the trip. I made the best of it, and did enjoy my time detecting with the Ace 250, and I worked on my skills. In 2 days, I made 3 pesos, which is about $.19. The rest was trash. Here's the results of my beach cleaning work.

Attachments

• 20180327_173831.jpg
    20180327_173831.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 235
Most people report the AT-Pro also has a hard time in salt water so you probably didn't miss much without it. You really need a machine with more than one frequency to play in salt and in fresh. Look at the new Equinox 600 for land, salt and fresh water and I do believe you will be happier.

Glad you got out and had fun. I was in Play Del Carmen two weeks ago. it was beautiful. The waves were way too high and so I didn't get out much either. I saw the seaweed. All the resorts were cleaning it up. Glad you had fun.

I found a 10 Peso coin and a 20 euro coin so even with a better detector you might not have done better.

Sounds like you put in the effort. Was worth a try :yes: I've used the Ace on dry sand before and it was stable enough but yea not near the salt water.

Did I read correctly - the beach rake cleans the beach then dumps the trash at the water's edge?? :?::?:

Glad to hear it worked out, sort of. My first detector was/is an Ace 250, and it might go in the dive bag when we go to Cancun in Aug. Of course, by then, I'll have my Tesoro Tiger Shark, but I'm trying to figure out a way to justify getting a dedicated salty beach machine.

How did you like Moon Palace? One of the only Palace resorts we haven't stayed at. Did LaBlanc Palace last year, and will be staying there again in Aug.

Back
Top Bottom