Good day!

FoiledAgain

Elite Member
I had a 'helper' today. My 6-year old granddaughter was with me and she was my good luck charm. I worked the shallow water and when I had a target in the scoop I'd wash out the fines and then dump it on the shore for her to pick through. She came up with a nice silver ring and a gold wedding band, was excited about the coins, and was even interested in the trash. We had a lot of fun together. What better way to have a good day?! :cheer:

Attachments

• IMG_1246.jpg
    IMG_1246.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 537
  • SilverRing.jpg
    SilverRing.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 519
  • GoldRing.jpg
    GoldRing.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 512
I loved it when the grandkids tagged along. We used to have a great time. Cherish it now for they grow up and other things compete for their time. Congrats to you two for the great finds.

How awesome is that??? My son detected with me twice but he is 20 and has no patience for it. Wish he was more interested. Congrats on a great day, great company and great finds!

:dingding: A great day on many accounts!

Beautiful! I would say bring her along more often! :)Congrats on the yellow, silver and thanks for sharing!

I would say you had a great day with your granddaughter and with your finds. Congrats on making memories and a little cash at the same time
Thanks ScubaD. When I win your great contest I'll set her up and we can have a competetive hunt. :D
I loved it when the grandkids tagged along. We used to have a great time. Cherish it now for they grow up and other things compete for their time. Congrats to you two for the great finds.
Right on target Numil. When they approach the teens there's usually a mindshift about hanging around with the 'old folks'!
Nice hunt! Sounds like she's interested in the hobby! Soon she'll be detecting, and you'll be looking for the target! :lol:
Could be! She's fascinated that a machine can find hidden treasure.
That's a great day for the two of you! The gold and silver make it even better
Sharing the hunt surely made it more fun. And she had the added bonus of finding some neat sea shells. She explained to me that the metal detector couldn't find those 'cause they didn't have any metal...:lol:
How awesome is that??? My son detected with me twice but he is 20 and has no patience for it. Wish he was more interested. Congrats on a great day, great company and great finds!
Thanks Barb. There's great satisfaction in seeing the world through the wide eyes of a youngster.;)
:dingding: A great day on many accounts!
Pretty hard to beat alright! We're going to give it another go in the next few days.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

Thanks Barb. There's great satisfaction in seeing the world through the wide eyes of a youngster.;)

Pretty hard to beat alright! We're going to give it another go in the next few days.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.

So true! Larry and I have gotten into the latest painting rocks craze and we paint rocks and take them to the park and watch the kids find them. Such great smiles and squeals of joy!

So true! Larry and I have gotten into the latest painting rocks craze and we paint rocks and take them to the park and watch the kids find them. Such great smiles and squeals of joy!

Is that what these rocks I keep finding are about? I pick them up at one park and take them to the next park I hunt, rotating them around from one spot to another. I found one in a tree last week that I left alone as it had some writing on it, thought maybe it was geo-cached or something :lol:

Is that what these rocks I keep finding are about? I pick them up at one park and take them to the next park I hunt, rotating them around from one spot to another. I found one in a tree last week that I left alone as it had some writing on it, thought maybe it was geo-cached or something :lol:

On the front should be a painting and the back it should say something like FB St Augustine Rocks (or whatever city it was painted in). The FB is for Facebook. It usually says something like please post pic on FB St. Augustine Rocks then keep or re-hide. Sometimes it just says #St.Aug if its a small rock.

What you're supposed to do is post a pic of it to the Facebook page mentioned on the back and where you found it so the owner knows it was found. Then you can keep it or re-hide it. Some people are watching their rocks found all over the world as they travel around and are moved by people on vacation who then take the to another town or country to re-hide the.

Some rocks are found without writing on back. This is usually done because the person just wants to make you smile and they don't care to know about who finds it or where it goes.

You can read more about how it started here :

http://thekindnessrocksproject.com/

Beautiful Hunt all the way around! Good on ya Buddy!
Thanks Mud. Wish I could take my 'good luck charm' on every hunt.:D
Great memories to add to the great finds!
Unfortunately I didn't have my camera along. Won't forget it next time! Thanks Jak.
Great day, not a good day..... ;) Nice finds!
Yup, great day! Thanks Vermonster.
Better rings than mine.:cool:
Wish they were always that good. The intervening trash line sometimes seems infinite. Thanks MA.

On the front should be a painting and the back it should say something like FB St Augustine Rocks (or whatever city it was painted in). The FB is for Facebook. It usually says something like please post pic on FB St. Augustine Rocks then keep or re-hide. Sometimes it just says #St.Aug if its a small rock.

What you're supposed to do is post a pic of it to the Facebook page mentioned on the back and where you found it so the owner knows it was found. Then you can keep it or re-hide it. Some people are watching their rocks found all over the world as they travel around and are moved by people on vacation who then take the to another town or country to re-hide the.

Some rocks are found without writing on back. This is usually done because the person just wants to make you smile and they don't care to know about who finds it or where it goes.

Being a geologist, I read my rocks in a different way...... :lol:

Very cool, I guess I'm still learning something just about every day!

Back
Top Bottom