After TS Emily, DF finds old 18k ring

Dirty Love

Elite Member
The TD that formed off the coast last night became TS Emily early this morning and with in a couple hours moved onward and inward heading across the state of Florida. Some good pounding wave action was going on all Sunday into the night and high tides were washing the beach. I was not planning on going out today, but the storm moved so quickly that the rains stopped, the West wind became a East wind by noon and low tide was not much later after that. Having no plans of getting in the water, I just wanted to hit the slope, so I got the Duel Field out. Always lots of targets to dig with the DF, usually more trash than treasure, but always fun. Less coin than I expected, more pennies than I wanted. Got a couple Alex & Ani bracelets, junk earrings and toe ring, but the sweet find is the dime size 18k,1.7g hexagon shaped wedding band. Such a small ring with so much written on the inside. [ <FFF>18k, Cords of matrimony, XX to XX, 1-22-40].The ring looks worn on the outside and being 77 years old, even if they go married at 18, they would be 95 years old now. It was a weak but good signal, one good scoop with the stealth down at the lip of the waters edge that I'm sure if not recovered today would be buried beyond detection by tomorrow.
DL

Attachments

• P1100670.JPG
    P1100670.JPG
    153 KB · Views: 640
  • P1100669.JPG
    P1100669.JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 641
  • P1100511.JPG
    P1100511.JPG
    159 KB · Views: 629
  • P1100507.JPG
    P1100507.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 612
  • P1100502.JPG
    P1100502.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 627
  • P1100504.JPG
    P1100504.JPG
    118.8 KB · Views: 600
That is a fantastic and awesome recovery! CONGRATS I love finding old stuff like that if only for the story and history. That's a keeper... pull that out at the next party and let people see what you really do! Save History with a touch of love for good measure. Wish you could return it but I don't see that happening, not with the age of that inscription.

Great spot you have there DL! Anything dated sends me thru the roof! Love it!:yes:

:dingding: Nice job getting out there and scoring!

That is a fantastic and awesome recovery! CONGRATS I love finding old stuff like that if only for the story and history. That's a keeper... pull that out at the next party and let people see what you really do! Save History with a touch of love for good measure. Wish you could return it but I don't see that happening, not with the age of that inscription.
Your quote are my exact feelings, thanks Numil, GL to ya.

Congrats on the vintage 18K...excellent find!
Thanks Captain, GL

Nothing beats old gold with dates....

Huge congrats!!!

<°)))>{
Thanks Ice, GL

Cool ring. I wonder what the story is of when it was lost
I would like to think it was lost long ago and forgotten about and not a family heirloom lost by a family member recently. Thanks Steve

Great job on that old yellow DL. Congrats and thanks for sharing.
Thanks, GL to you

Yeah! Great old gold there Dirty!
Thanks Mud, GL

Nice job saving that ring! Congrats! :)
Thanks XT70

Awesome old gold, Congrats on the 18k!
Thanks Ron, GL

Great spot you have there DL! Anything dated sends me thru the roof! Love it!:yes:
Love my Fl. beaches, they all produce treasures ....storms or not:D
Thanks OBN

:dingding: Nice job getting out there and scoring!
Thanks Felix, better than work being out there.

Man that's a sweeeeeeet find! Congrats!
Thanks GS, GL to you.

Very, very cool save. As others mentioned, the date is the kicker that really shows it as a piece of history. Love it!

This is also yet another great illustration of the fact that in order to find gold, you have to dig pretty much EVERYTHING. Well done!

NICE!! Emily uncovered a 1948 ring similar to yours for me too! Man did Emily move up the light stuff! Kinda UGH! and yet YAY! at the same time in our cases :)

Congrats on the oldy!

That's a great find! I love the old gold. Funny thing is the date is my birthday, 28 years before I was born though. :laughing:

Congrats with the find!

Very sweet! Nice color and better than run-of-the-mill production any day! I don't think I could ever melt an old-time piece of history like that.

Very, very cool save. As others mentioned, the date is the kicker that really shows it as a piece of history. Love it!
Thanks DaviDs, GL

Well done Dirty! Old gold!
Thanks itsa

This is also yet another great illustration of the fact that in order to find gold, you have to dig pretty much EVERYTHING. Well done!
Yep erudolf, with a PI you usually do dig all that beeps. Thanks

NICE!! Emily uncovered a 1948 ring similar to yours for me too! Man did Emily move up the light stuff! Kinda UGH! and yet YAY! at the same time in our cases :)

Congrats on the oldy!
History unearthed, I tried a couple hours yesterday morning, thinking out in the water should be lots to find after the storm...kept passing the xcal over the scoop to make sure it was on.:?: .52 cents and a tungsten, and I later discovered I missed the pouch with the tungsten,...so, .52 cents.:lol: Lots of aluminum near shore ,4shore!
Thanks Kapi,GL

That's a great find! I love the old gold. Funny thing is the date is my birthday, 28 years before I was born though. :laughing:

Congrats with the find!
Same B-day, that's cool! Thanks youngster,lol.

Very sweet! Nice color and better than run-of-the-mill production any day! I don't think I could ever melt an old-time piece of history like that.
Yep, worth more in conversation than $50 to me too, Thanks FA...Good luck

Back
Top Bottom