Found a deal today.

ghost95

Today my GF and I stopped in a little second hand shop and hanging on the wall was an ACE 250. Well, I looked it over and there were no scratches on the coil and the connections had no corrosion. Turned it on and it worked well enough.

My GF took it to the cashier and asked if there was any wiggle room on the price. The guy said yes, $5 off.

Got it for $44 = tax.

Took it out when we got home and found .12 cents. One wheat penny at about 8".

Think I got a good deal?:grin:

Yeah, thats kind of what I was thinking. :lol:

Thanks guys. Good luck out there. C-

You can't get a better buy than you did on a working machine.

Just for the heck of it give Garrett's a call with that serial number. They can tell you just how old it is.

Hello ghost95,
Download Google Earth and start finding some parks to detect!!!
May pay for your detector the first day if you find the right park!!!!

Hello ghost95,
Download Google Earth and start finding some parks to detect!!!
May pay for your detector the first day if you find the right park!!!!

Thats my goal! I dropped an arm and a leg or at least a foot and a hand on my AT Pro. I'm working on paying it off through my finds!

Lemmie see.. paid $647 (package deal for unit, hand shovel, pouch & carry case)
plus tax = roughly $700
shipping was free.. :)

found a bunch of clad probably now $60 worth..
got a few silver finds (retail value approx $200-$400, silver value nowhere near)

carry the 2..

I figure I've got a while still, until I find that gold ring!!:D

Thats my goal! I dropped an arm and a leg or at least a foot and a hand on my AT Pro. I'm working on paying it off through my finds!

Lemmie see.. paid $647 (package deal for unit, hand shovel, pouch & carry case)
plus tax = roughly $700
shipping was free.. :)

found a bunch of clad probably now $60 worth..
got a few silver finds (retail value approx $200-$400, silver value nowhere near)

carry the 2..

I figure I've got a while still, until I find that gold ring!!:D

Wait 'till you find the gold.Patience,Grasshoppa....(and a lot 'o pulltabs) :lol:...My start-up costs are paid off thanks to a sweet gold run 3 weekends in a row last summer (2 nice-fat rings,an earring and a pendant) , so everything else goes into the kitty for my AT Pro up-grade.
Finding more silver by learning how to "read" the land and listen to what my 250 is tellin' me.
The better finds you recover the more fun this stuff gets. HH , Jeff.

I think I just happened to be in the right place shortly after the detector was put out. There was another guy there with us who talked to us after we bought it, he said if he'd seen it he would have had it in his hand right then.

Just one of those things that makes second hand stores always worth the look.

I knew it was a good deal but until I looked around online a bit I didn't realize what a good deal it was.

Thanks again for the confirmation. C-

Back
Top Bottom