Today Wasn't a Total Loss. Close Though

ScubaDetective

In Memory Of
Forum Supporter
Decided to go back to the Isle today and have fun. I get there and get my machine out of the back seat of my truck. Open the tailgate and pull out the drawer. Umm, where is my wetsuit? At home drying out on the ladder beside my house! Ok, put everything away and drive 50 minutes home to get it. Go back and gear up. Wind is blowing fiercely. Current going one way, wind is blowing my dive flag the opposite way. No biggie, except the water is so murky I can't see much of anything. Have no idea where I am at, can't see any of my landmarks. Wonderful.

So I play around on a tank of air and find a oar lock and a 1959 rosey. WOW!! I think I will give the river a rest for a little while. Time to hit a big lake and see what I can scrounge up,

Sometimes change is good. I jump around to several spots for as one place closes, another will open. Good Luck!

That sounds like a lot of effort and not much to show for it this time... It will be interesting to see where else you decide to hunt.

That's rough. I've done the same, drive all the way out somewhere, realize i forgot something and do the round trip just to detect. Sometimes it's nice to just get away from everything...

I get upset when I forget gear as well. Part of the game I guess.

Happened to me recently, got to the beach & had left my scoop at home.Drove back home for it (45 minutes ) and then back to the beach.
Now I have a checklist in the garage I look at before every trip ... works well for me!

Attachments

• IMG_2128.jpg
    IMG_2128.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 149
Happened to me recently, got to the beach & had left my scoop at home.Drove back home for it (45 minutes ) and then back to the beach.
Now I have a checklist in the garage I look at before every trip ... works well for me!
I've been thinking about that also!! Since I transfer between vehicles alot. I forgot my sunglasses yesterday..

Credit

I just wondered Scuba , i have some wet suits, i put one on one time to try it out, and had to get the girl next door to pull it over my shoulders to get it off, you are constantly putting yours on & off, any secrets to easy on & off , and every time you gear up even- skunked, we all give you credit, a lot of work, thanks Earl

I just wondered Scuba , i have some wet suits, i put one on one time to try it out, and had to get the girl next door to pull it over my shoulders to get it off, you are constantly putting yours on & off, any secrets to easy on & off , and every time you gear up even- skunked, we all give you credit, a lot of work, thanks Earl

I have super stretch suits. Very easy to get on and off as they stretch all 4 ways and are back zipped. I actually have two of them and keep one in my back seat. That day I had cleaned out the back seat and took most my extra gear out.

Life is good, it was just a small inconvenience. Any day I can get in the water is a good day. Today I am FINALLY launching my boat. Not going out today as going out on the weekend in this lake is suicide. Hopefully Monday and Tuesday. Will have the camera all charged. Will see what this lake brings.

Thanks all. The fact that I could see nothing of where I have been or where I was going was no fun. It would have been nice to see something familiar.

it was what it was. Life sometimes throws you a curve. Sometimes you strike it big time and others, well you at least got out and enjoyed yourself.

Thanks

Wish i had bought the super stretch :laughing:, i have 5 suits , but :shock: they are considered strait jackets if i am alone , were is the link for your super stretch suits , i will look at them , thanks Earl

Back
Top Bottom