Darwin award...

I don't wish bad luck on anyone , some people just bring it on themselves. But these were obviously part of the everyone wins a prize , no one left behind crowd. They are , were , the results of that thought process. I'm sorry for the family, they may have been part of the problem, lack of mentoring. So now, this is why we have so many dumb laws , for dumb people.

I don't wish bad luck on anyone , some people just bring it on themselves. But these were obviously part of the everyone wins a prize , no one left behind crowd. They are , were , the results of that thought process. I'm sorry for the family, they may have been part of the problem, lack of mentoring. So now, this is why we have so many dumb laws , for dumb people.
Protecting fools is bad genetics.

I have a teenager, who is going to be a senior in high school this year. Every so often, I am astounded at something that she is totally ignorant of (she's an A student who takes AP Advanced Placement classes in Math, etc.). Our school system is a travesty, and I feel stupid that I took it for granted that she was getting a good education since she is an A student. Her classes are rigorous, and she is always doing homework during the school year. It's usually something commonly known by Baby Boomers, and I just took it for granted that she would know about it, but she will admit to being totally clueless about the subject! It's a tossup whether I do a jaw drop or a face palm when this happens! Sometimes I think I do both--the jaw drop first, followed by the face palm.

While it is partly the school system's fault, I have to blame myself, as ultimately, I am responsible for her getting a good education--I just put too much faith in the public school system. Thank goodness she is bright and has an inquisitive mind, there is hope for her. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't shoot at a book in front of someone's chest---I hope! :neutral:

I know what you mean, most of the young ones - under 20, could care less about anything happening outside the 5x7 screen. Korea - where's that?
Russia - never heard of it!,
Work-why work - free phone, healthcare, ebt card, utilities free, birth control free

It's bad and the majority of kids just want the phone and texting. I know - I deal with this everyday.

I know what you mean, most of the young ones - under 20, could care less about anything happening outside the 5x7 screen. Korea - where's that?
Russia - never heard of it!,
Work-why work - free phone, healthcare, ebt card, utilities free, birth control free

It's bad and the majority of kids just want the phone and texting. I know - I deal with this everyday.

Oh, she's nothing like that! But I know that many are. Yes, it's sad. :(

Back
Top Bottom