• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

How many motorcycle riders here?

I have put over 100.00 miles on cycles but I haven't ridden for several years. I'm 71 but still renew my motorcycle option on my license when i renew my driver's license. My knee gives out sometimes so I don't know if i would be able to hold one up if it did. I sold my bike and quit riding after a few of my friends were killed in cycle accidents. People used to drive crazy and didn't look out for them. One of my friends said that I was just a coward and he got hit a week later. It didn't kill him but he hasn't touched a bike since. I don't think it's as bad now as it was. Most of the bike accidents that I have seen are caused by young kids not wearing the proper gear and riding sport bikes too fast for the conditions. Riding a bike gives you a freedom that you can't find elsewhere.

Both my wife and I used to ride until a lady talking on her cell phone rear ended me in my wife's car.

That reminded me of a friend of mine. He was one of the rough bikers we called Tiny. He was anything but tiny. He got rear-ended at a stop light by a girl combing her hair. He got knocked across the intersection and luckily no other cars were coming. Perhaps because of his size he just got a few scrapes. We rode over the next day to see how he was doing and found him outside beating on his Harley with a hammer. He said he had a few parts he wanted the insurance to replace. I told him using a brick would look more like road rash. I haven't seen him for years but knowing him he's still riding.

1st is a pic of my old Suzuki. That was a good bike. The other pics are of my brothers bike.He became a quadraplegic after a accident and still wanted to ride so this sidecar bike was built so he could still get out in the wind.
36380004.jpg

denny's scoot 1.jpg

Dennys scoot.jpg

Bumping this old thread since I have a new (to me) bike. I felt the need for speed once again so I sold my 06 Road King and picked up a 2014 Vmax. It only had 3200 miles on the clock when I bought it. Got it from an older gentleman who barely ever rode it because he owned multiple bikes.
My old 1st gen Max was quick, but this 200hp Gen 2 is just plan ridiculous! It has a few upgrades including Voodoo exhaust and a Gurued Gear Flash.

Attachments

• 2014-VMAX3.jpg
    2014-VMAX3.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 388
Glad to see this old thread revived! In 2017, KT purchased a Honda Ruckus 49cc scooter, been riding it ever since. Yesterday turned 5660 miles on her.

The 2008 Goldwing 1800 was donated to a local biker's charity that sold it and donated the money to Arkansas Children's Hospital. KT's old knees got too weak to hold her up during in town riding. But the Ruck is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Got a bigger rack on the back and baby bags on her. His Majesty calls her the white bumblebee! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I have put over 100.00 miles on cycles but I haven't ridden for several years. I'm 71 but still renew my motorcycle option on my license when i renew my driver's license. My knee gives out sometimes so I don't know if i would be able to hold one up if it did. I sold my bike and quit riding after a few of my friends were killed in cycle accidents. People used to drive crazy and didn't look out for them. One of my friends said that I was just a coward and he got hit a week later. It didn't kill him but he hasn't touched a bike since. I don't think it's as bad now as it was. Most of the bike accidents that I have seen are caused by young kids not wearing the proper gear and riding sport bikes too fast for the conditions. Riding a bike gives you a freedom that you can't find elsewhere.

That should be 100,000 miles.

My 81 Gl1100

Before and after pics of my 81 GL1100 Goldwing

Attachments

• 1981 Goldwing GL1100 01.jpg
    1981 Goldwing GL1100 01.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 183
  • 1981 gl1100 naked honda goldwing Army OD green02.jpg
    1981 gl1100 naked honda goldwing Army OD green02.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 126
Met up with a bunch of my sportbike riding buddies Sunday and took a ride up to Fort Mountain in Chatsworth GA. Nice place. First time I've been up there.

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

1.JPG

Nice busa

I had to sell my 1999 CBR900RR before I ended up in jail. If somebody says it goes 180 mph I have to try it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210207-122306_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210207-122306_Chrome.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 153
Nice busa

I had to sell my 1999 CBR900RR before I ended up in jail. If somebody says it goes 180 mph I have to try it.

Thanks and nice CBR! If I were smart, I’d sell mine for the same reason. I’m not though. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does this count? I like to take the old sidecar rig into the woods or nearby parks for metal detecting. The sidecar gives me room for supplies and to carry away larger pieces of trash.

20220320_144737b.jpg

2021woods.jpg

My nephew with his 70's retro chopper he built for the Builtwell Peoples Champ competition. Out of 22 entries he was selected for the final 6 who will meet at Lake Elsinore and ride to Cooks Corner, CA for the winner announcement. Only bike I have seen with the steering running thru the tank. Pic is with my sister.

Steve

Attachments

• XLCS9482.jpg
    XLCS9482.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 74
My nephew with his 70's retro chopper he built for the Builtwell Peoples Champ competition. Out of 22 entries he was selected for the final 6 who will meet at Lake Elsinore and ride to Cooks Corner, CA for the winner announcement. Only bike I have seen with the steering running thru the tank. Pic is with my sister.

Steve

That's unique! Only bike I've seen with the steering through the tank. I bet that thing is fun in the twisties. :lol:

I use to ride and thought about buying another bike until last year going to the beach in my Jeep with my family on two different occasions I saw two fatal motorcycle accidents where the bodies were still on the highway under a sheet. One of the accidents the sportbike was in two pieces with the front half wedged under the guardrail. I will never own a motorcycle again.

Please be careful, I see too many idiots on the road driving cars that do not care whether you are in another car or a motorcycle.

Aaron

KT rode motorcycles and scooters for some 50 years! And His Majesty has certainly enjoyed seeing the pictures in this thread and reading the posts! KT's last motorcycle was a 2008 Honda 1800 Goldwing and He rode it for many years until the olde Royal knees said enough of holding this up when stopped! So going from the ridiculous to the sublime, KT now rides a 2017 Honda 49cc Ruckus scooter, and He must say it is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Heading out later today on this very scoot for lunch! Enjoy the pics!

Attachments

• 2008 Honda 1800 Goldwing.JPG
    2008 Honda 1800 Goldwing.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 35
  • KTs Royal Steed Nov 2023.jpg
    KTs Royal Steed Nov 2023.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 40
2005 Iron Horse Texas 124ci chopper, 2012 FLHTK 103ci , 2020 CVO Street Glide117ci , a bit of everything make Jack a happy camper :yes::lol: Miss a girl on the back of my dresser however , no big deal , Ride to Live , Live to Ride Guys , Live every day like it's your last , I've been doing a poor job at that :hide:

Back
Top Bottom