1794 LC and a few buttons on MLK day

MDChris

Forum Supporter
Went out to another new field today since I had off for MLK day. This field didn't disappoint!
6i9mu58l.jpg

I have found a few large cents over the past year but very few had readable dates so I was very surprised when I wiped this one off to see 1794.
hlYAY1ul.jpg

I also found this Navy eagle coat button with eagle standing on upright anchor, it says Scoville&Co. Waterbury on the back. Is this a Union navy button?
y5nvsKol.jpg

I really like this button too, I don't think it is anything special but I didn't see the gold stars around the perimeter till I came home and cleaned it up
T8XVtAOl.jpg

Thanks for looking, hopefully someone can help me with the button ID.
Happy Hunting everyone!

I found that exact dandy button in New Hampshire with the stars .....so we are button brothers..... And I was born and raised in bmore. Cool stuff

Wow that was a nice hunt. Love the LC! Nice buttons too.
Thanks Seven!

congrats on the great hunt!!! the button with stars...do i see an eagle on that???
Yup, eagle with its head to the right on an upright anchor, any idea if its from the civil war?

I found that exact dandy button in New Hampshire with the stars .....so we are button brothers..... And I was born and raised in bmore. Cool stuff
Anything you can tell me about the button? Is it a Union naval button? I see your located in Greenville SC now..I went to college at Southern Wesleyan near Clemson. Spent lots of time around Greenville, beautiful city!

Back
Top Bottom