First dollar

TommyJay

Forum Supporter
I went back to the football/baseball field with my hunting buddy today, and searched around one of the end zones. We decided to hunt the center of the field to see what we could find, so we each took a center hash mark line and hunted along it between the end zones. We were surprised at the number of coins we were finding, and also the little amount of trash we dug. We made a few passes between the hash marks finding more clad, and a half $ that my buddy found.

After a bit we decided to make one more pass and call it quits. My buddy worked down the center while I decided to check the area between the hash marks and the sideline. It was about at the far side ten yard line where I dug the $1 Sac at 2". The .308 round, which surprised me, was at about 4".

We did pretty well hunting for just under 2 hours, but there is a LOT more of that field to cover.......plus 5 more fields just like it :D

Attachments

• 100_2096.JPG
    100_2096.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 100_2099.JPG
    100_2099.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 191
I have always shied away from athletic fields preferring to hunt the sidelines, bleachers and concession stands areas. My rationale was that the players wear uniforms with no pockets so why bother.

Not anymore.

Not. Very long ago I was crossing a field to hunt the opposite side and swung my way across. Found 3 quarters.

Started hunting and found about $20 in change. Went to another and found more. I have gotten to where I ignore the HUNDREDS of penny signals preferring to dig dimes and quarters. And there's loads of them.

Better yet I had found no gold in the 9 months I've been hunting. Two weeks ago I was hunting a baseball field and found this behind second base

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 173
I have always shied away from athletic fields preferring to hunt the sidelines, bleachers and concession stands areas. My rationale was that the players wear uniforms with no pockets so why bother.

Not anymore.

Not. Very long ago I was crossing a field to hunt the opposite side and swung my way across. Found 3 quarters.

Started hunting and found about $20 in change. Went to another and found more. I have gotten to where I ignore the HUNDREDS of penny signals preferring to dig dimes and quarters. And there's loads of them.

Better yet I had found no gold in the 9 months I've been hunting. Two weeks ago I was hunting a baseball field and found this behind second base

That was our thinking too. We were surprised by the number of coins we found, plus the half and the dollar. Im thinking that perhaps neighborhood kids and adults play football there too since the fields arent locked. They are set up for pee wee football, but are laid out in the outfields of softball parks. A lot of co-ed, women, and mens softball leagues play there, and many of those players wear jeans and other pants with pockets. I think a lot of mder's pass them up for the same reasons we did until now, and over time the coins, rings, etc, added up.

I dont think that we would find the same amounts of coins at jr. high, and high school fields, but its always worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom