Delaware beaches

hunter1

Elite Member
Has anyone metal detected the beaches since they replenished them last year.I know they put a lot of sand down. I'm thinking of heading to coin beach, or Rehobeth this week. I'm hitting the water and the dry sand.:?:

Let me know how you make out. I will be there or AC tomorrow.

Staying in Greenville

I was making out better in Ocean City , MD. I haven't been to the DE beaches yet this year was to frustrated after the replenishment. Good luck some of the sand has probably already been pulled down and out. I will be in South Jersey beach hunting this weekend or I would head down to check it out!

I tried coin beach twice recently - total and complete bust. One clad dime.

Don't bother, it's horrible right now.

NO Storm

No erosion, just like OC beaches they don't produce, even Florida in May is sanded in, 5 weeks of wasted time :mad:, have a nice time, Earl

No erosion, just like OC beaches they don't produce, even Florida in May is sanded in, 5 weeks of wasted time , have a nice time, Earl
Earl the Treasure is there but there is a secret to finding it, our buddy Mark has 17 rings for 2014, all from OCMD, I think 5 are gold and the rest are silver. Part of his secret is being there and knowing the daily changes. He is out there every day, not just hunting but watching, then when he see's what he likes he hits it hard for a few hours, and a good percentage of the time he scores. I, like you felt the same way until he showed me.

9 days and counting....charge those batteries brother

Yes

Treasure is their, but remember, Mark is a local their, he can monitor the conditions 24/7, This is the difference, when you don't know, what the conditions are not being a local, it's a roll of the dice, if I were a local in Florida, I would have all kinds of finds, same here OBN, Mark has the advantage, if he shares, these profitable condition time with you, that's a great thing, but , like most, loose lip's sink ships rule, comings into the game :yes::lol: Joe-- 2 times the conditions have been wright since I have hunted their, I am not stupid, as your not also, you know this factor makes a difference, Earl

No erosion, just like OC beaches they don't produce, even Florida in May is sanded in, 5 weeks of wasted time :mad:, have a nice time, Earl

OC seems to produce ok, at least compared to DE. Over the last three weeks I am at 4 rings, one earring , one shamrock pin, and Exxon Drivers Club pendant, some other random stuff and 12.48 in clad. All the jewelry is fake, but it could have just as easily have been real and at some point I'm sure it will be.

I get nothing in DE. Literally nothing. I walked off Bethany Beach recently with zero, not even a piece of iron for my efforts.

Two times

I have done good at OC beaches, the conditions were wright, but all the rest was a clad, or scratch kind of day, coin beach , never produced other than a few coins a hunt, here is the most productive hunt I have had at OC Md , when the conditions were wright, being a local would make a difference , between night , and day, 260 miles round trip to the beach , is NOT a local :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Attachments

• 20110821_5.JPG
    20110821_5.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 414
  • 20110821_6.JPG
    20110821_6.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 412
Sonny you will do fine because you can hunt deep or shallow. I can count on one hand how many can hunt OC deep...and live thru it.

Nice pile of Loot Earl!!

Obn

The times I have hunted OC , are not just a few blocks, most are 30 down , and back, in the wet, your buddy hunts the water ?, if he does, that's why he has done good along with being a local to monitor the conditions, otherwise for a occasional hunter, with sanded in conditions, it could be a total bust, this is all I am trying to get across, see ya soon buddy , let the good times roll, Earl

Total bust. One clad dime in rehoboth and a pair of oakleys in Dewey. At least the weather was nice . At Zoggs having a beer and grouper tacos:)

At least I hit a flea market on the way in and scored a few treasures:)

2 guys with whites machines in Dewey on the dry. Looked to have the same luck.....

Beats a day in the office.

Sand is soft . Ran the wet and zig zagged the dry.

Gt with the WOT. Dug a tab at Least 14" so I know I was getting depth.

Used the minelab harness today ,I like it.

Tried filming with the Kodak zx6. It's not easy. You guys that do it share some secrets:)

Happy Easter all!!!

HD Velcro is the magic for me....with the cams...

It's going to be bad all over once the beach replenishment hits All of OCMD...all we will have going is fresh drops....

O.C beaches

Thank's for all the input, I'll probably hit the surf and dry sand at O.C..Like everyone knows, it beat's work.:yes:

Hello everyone, very new to the hobby. Out of curiosity, what do you mean by "replenished the beaches"? I assume this means adding more sand from a foreign place?

Since this post was from April, the sand in/around Rehobeth is probably filled with goodys now? :cool:

I'm headed down to Millsboro next week, and this is the first time I'll be using the MD at a beach(es)...I'm excited!

Replenishment is adding fresh sand to the beach thus burying all targets.

I was there in late July again. Nothing special. Water was too rough to get into.

If you like hunting dry you will find some recent drops. Lots of garbage in the dry. Foil and such.

I am trying to get up to AC 8/23 and then will be back down to Rehoboth for Labor day.

May take a spin down to OCMD if I have the time:)

Back
Top Bottom