• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

UPDATE...My third new Piece of JUNK Excalibur2 What to do now.. Watch the video

outlawdetector

Elite Member
Well Guess what just got back from the Beach went to try out my Third Excalibur 2 It worked for 2 minutes.. Then All it dose is HUMMMM. No matter what I did to it!!1 Had a bad time!!! It dose not work Check out the video.. that I just posted on the Minelab site on Face Book.. If they take it off I will post it on YouTube :mad: :mad: :mad:.......

I contacted Minelab Today and was told that they could not give me a refund.. That it wasn't there policy to do so.. They had to keep sending me new Detectors in till I got one that worked!!!
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...298675&type=2&theater&notif_t=video_processed

*cough* CZ21 time *cough*

I don't know why everyone keeps ignoring the crazy amount of issues the new Excals have... and keeps buying them... especially when the bulletproof CZ21 is just as deep, and less expensive...

But its because of the Navy they said... haha! Sorry to hear that this one is bad too. I have had my Excall II for about 3 weeks now no problems. Though Tilton helped me get mine used from a guy on the main land. I figure they give you your money back then send you another one FREE when they figure out the deal!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That sucks man! Crazy at the same time. 3rd one that's had issues. Take it in the water and see if it calms down.

Dam shame Brother!!

I can tell you exactly what is wrong, the coil is not hooked up correct ..
that's what the Excalibur does when one of the TX or RX wires are not connected. You would figure after all you were told they would have least tested the machine...
Dam shame Brother!! And I like the Video....

Bummer to hear about your troubles Dan, any chance of your battery being undercharged or defective? It's been awhile but I seem to remember my Excalibur will flat line on the threshold once the battery voltage gets way low.

that's what the Excalibur does when one of the TX or RX wires are not connected. You would figure after all you were told they would have least tested the machine...

Thanks Buddy!!!!!

Bummer to hear about your troubles Dan, any chance of your battery being undercharged or defective? It's been awhile but I seem to remember my Excalibur will flat line on the threshold once the battery voltage gets way low.

I just took it off the charger before I left after 17 hours.

Maybe you should hook up with another local excal user and compare notes. 3 brand new, non-functioning, detectors in a row is starting to strain the limits of probability.

Not that I don't believe what I saw on the video but did you have the machine set up on the shaft with it doing the same thing? In the video, the coil is right next to the contol pod(interference?) I had the identical thing happen to my excal II after it came back from repairs. I emailed the tech. complaining then went back out and hooked it up on the shaft and it has been working fine ever since.Had to call the tech back and eat crow as well as tell him what an a$$ I was!
Settings also are critical, in the brief time I saw your settings, I would think the threshold was adjusted to high.

As for cz's being bullet proof, my old one has been back four times now without success.

At least they gave you new ones.... me ... they said i hunted to much.:laughing: Ive got one im still not sure about... thats why i went to the blues. Didnt give ML another $1500 ..... i prefer to spend it on repairs if it comes to that rather than get stuck twice. I really like the Xcal... but they really need better quality control.

Hey Cliff.... you hunt to much.:lol:

Dew

Like he said they didn't test before sending to you,,:laughing: what a bunch of clowns..

My Threshold spins 360 and in the water I have to use it with no threshold hum at all or she goes crazy. that being said she is HOT that way for some reason. I have found 6 gold rings this month with her and hit a penny at 18in
.. Still the nobs are !!!! !!!! and going to send in to Oldbeachnut soon once my 1000 gets to me..

I feel bad for you outlaw. I agree with OBN and think they would have went out of their way and tested it before they even sent it to you.

Not that I don't believe what I saw on the video but did you have the machine set up on the shaft with it doing the same thing? In the video, the coil is right next to the contol pod(interference?) I had the identical thing happen to my excal II after it came back from repairs. I emailed the tech. complaining then went back out and hooked it up on the shaft and it has been working fine ever since.Had to call the tech back and eat crow as well as tell him what an a$$ I was!
Settings also are critical, in the brief time I saw your settings, I would think the threshold was adjusted to high.

As for cz's being bullet proof, my old one has been back four times now without success.

Well to start I have been Detecting for over 35 years I have owned about every metal on the planet.. And yes the coil was not near the control box when this happened. I put it their when I done the video. if watch the video I turned the threshold up so you could hear what it was doing. Thanks for your input though.

That is just plain weird. As cdv said, you tried it with the coil actually far away from the control pod? I'm sure you did but just asking. Did Minelab ever get back to you on what was wrong with the first two or did they not say anything and just send out a new one? And all 3 had exactly the same issue? I'm not sure what else to say except 'that truly sucks!' and I hope is all works out...somehow. :(

EDIT: Okay, just saw your answer above about the coil on the shaft.

Back
Top Bottom