Vibratory Tumbler Uses?

Mama2Twins

Forum Supporter
I'm having trouble finding info on this. I see a lot of tumblers used for coins. I have a lot of mystery finds that seem to be iron. Can I put them into my vibratory tumbler with aquarium gravel? If so, how much gravel, what else should I use besides water? Thank you.:?:
IMG_0439.JPG
IMG_0440.JPG

Last edited:
I never had much luck cleaning anything besides brass in a vibratory tumbler. I use a drum tumbler for cleaning clad and other relics.

I bought a LYMAN Turbo Pro 1200 while I was at a shooting range a year or so ago. That was the only tumbler they had. :dash2:

I tried a (Chicago/Harbor Freight) vibratory on coins once, didn't work worth a hoot.....plus (after the fact), the instructions said not to put liquid in it. I'm a guy, who needs directions? :laughing:

I bought a LYMAN Turbo Pro 1200 while I was at a shooting range a year or so ago. That was the only tumbler they had. :dash2:

Don't fret mama :grin: they're good to have too, work great on brass with corn cob or walnut shell media and a cap full of nu finish car wax....brass comes out like NEW. Harbor freight sells the rotary drum type tumblers for pretty cheap. Look on eBay too good luck!

i've used a HF vibratory tumbler to clean and polish relics and tokens, but as another poster mentioned, it works best on brass items. Brass tokens look like proof coins after a day or so in mine............. I run the machine dry, no liquid - just media.

Apparently there are many varieties of media that can be used for different finishes / metals, too.

Back
Top Bottom