• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Class Ring... Update

Call Me V

So a quick update. Mark was able to contact the owner of the ring. He still lived in Colorado, but in a different town. He described the ring perfectly. It was lost the summer after graduation when he came up to Montana to visit family. They were out playing Frisbee and it flew off his finger. But with the taller grass the park had they had no chance of finding it. He was thrilled to have it back. Mark mailed it to him yesterday. It should be back on his finger by Saturday.

=====================================================

Between school, the weather, school, dance, and well... school, I haven't been able to get out for a couple of weeks. But it was a nice afternoon, still a little chilly in the upper 40's, but there was no wind and the sun was shining. So Mark and I decided to skip lunch and take the hour to hunt a nearby park. We got about 40 minutes in, but I only needed 15 to find my first ever class ring after digging a slightly jumpy signal. It was about 5" down and looked great coming out of the dirt!

It's a beautiful 10k men's ring from 1986. We tracked down the school to one in Colorado. There's a name inside the ring, so Mark (who is much better at computers than I am) is trying to track down the owner.

This is ring number 10 since I started in August. I never get much time to hunt at any particular time, but I can go out an hour here, half hour there, and those short hunts are adding up with some nice finds!

Attachments

• IMG_1247.jpg
    IMG_1247.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG_1248.jpg
    IMG_1248.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 751
Last edited:
Wow excellent find! Been at it for about 8 years and still have not found a class ring.... Keep up the good work, congrats!

That’s really sweet!!! I never forget my first and so far only one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice find. Good luck on trying to track down the owner. Returning a ring to the owner can be very satisfying I have only found one gold class ring and it is too worn to determine the school. Ring is from 1931 and if the owner was 17-18 back then they would be over 100 years old today

Awesome find! Yet to find a class ring myself. Hoping the one I do find is too worn on the inside to make a name out :worms:

Congrats!

Congrats on your first, V! Hope you and Mark have a successful return... please keep us posted! :thumbsup:

Great to hear you found your first "honker" ring, they are a great part of the hobby to find. Now, I found my first this year and was able to return it to the owner (the owner lost it in 1971 during a baseball game).

I found that if you search for the school name on Facebook you might find an alumni page, this is a great resource to spread the word and find out who the ring belongs to...and perhaps a way to communicate with the owner, good luck!

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom