Ordered Garrett Pro Pointer

Snickers1

Elite Member
I ordered a Garrett Pro Pointer a couple of days ago. I hope that it is as good as everybody says it is.

It should be here next week. Tonight it is somewhere in western Tennessee.

Your recovery time will probably be cut in half, its a great tool.

Yes, its a great tool, until the switch cuts out. There have been back and forth posts on this subject. The PP works great until it doesn't. Order a backup, so you aren't left with nothing while your original is being sent in to garrett for repair. They have great customer service and will take care of you because practice makes perfect. BTW, carry an extra battery, because its no fun Mding without a pin-pointer.

Yes, its a great tool, until the switch cuts out. There have been back and forth posts on this subject. The PP works great until it doesn't. Order a backup, so you aren't left with nothing while your original is being sent in to garrett for repair. They have great customer service and will take care of you because practice makes perfect. BTW, carry an extra battery, because its no fun Mding without a pin-pointer.

The switches have been a Prroblem . Not sure why . I have had mine now for two years and have had no problem until a day or two ago it just kept beeping and then would shut off on its on this all with a new battery . So sent it in for repair. Must remember they are man made so things will and can go wrong . I know a fella that has a Minelab pointer and he told me it does weird stuff as well and he has a propointer as well and simply said the propointer has gave him less trouble and is more accurate . So go Figure. nyway enjoy the propointer as you will find that you should have ordered one sooner. I have orded a new one as well so I will have a backup just in case

I ordered a Garrett Pro Pointer a couple of days ago. I hope that it is as good as everybody says it is. It should be here next week. Tonight it is somewhere in western Tennessee.

You will like it, I can't see digging without my pro pointer.

The only problem I had with mine was the rubber on/off button cover started to get a hole in it, I called Garrett and they sent out a new cover button for free I wouldn't think of hunting without it.

Your going to love this tool, it will soon be your next best friend!:yes: You will be digging & recovering targets sooooo much quicker. $$$$ well spent, great choice & Happier hunting!

I'm glad I bought mine,it will cut time per hole. So much better than than the HF model that I bought first. Have had zero problems so far.
HH
Larry

You'll love it. I had issues with the switch on mine took it back to Don at Gettysburg Electronics he gave me a loaner until mine came back from Garrett looked like a brand new unit. Won't hunt without it.

Took mine out for the first time Christmas Day. Works great. Much more enjoyable when you can find your target quick and easy

I used my brand new one for the first time today and was having major problems with it... a new battery seemed to help a bit but it would go on and off on a whim and that ran the battery down very fast... I wasn't happy at all.

used one that my hunting buddy has yesterday and i will be going this week to get one! very helpful tool to have on your belt!!

I have the Minelab profind my buddy has the Garrett. We like them both but neither seems perfect. They both go a little crazy sometimes. Shut them off then back on and they work fine.

I wouldn't leave home without it (Garrett Pro Pointer). It's cut my recovery time down to a few seconds in some cases. Search the forum here for tips on using the Pro Pointer and super tuning it. It works and works well.

I wouldn't leave home without it (Garrett Pro Pointer). It's cut my recovery time down to a few seconds in some cases. Search the forum here for tips on using the Pro Pointer and super tuning it. It works and works well.

Good advice!

These pin pointers are great. Too many small targets (naturally) look like soil when trying to recover them.

Snicker's, when it comes to using the Pro Pointer, this video is important. After watching all kinds of hunting videos, some people aren't using this "tuning advice". It makes recoveries go super fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWPD2bRTzsc

Thanks for the advice and good words about the Pro Pointer.

It just arrived today. I look forward to trying soon.

Somebody said to have a back-up, I have a Bounty Hunter pin pointer (it does a fair job and has served me well).

Back
Top Bottom