Washington Walks War Wheats to the ring

aviationgale

Elite Member
I got out today for about 4-5 hours. I just could not stop, the weather was so perfect. I found a house dated 1932 and asked the gentleman if I could detect his yard, he told me someone else had been here but only for about an hour. Well it sunk me a little but I know you can not get everything. I go on for about 1.5 hours and finally pick up the mercury, after getting about 8 wheats, they just kept coming along. I jump over to the opposite side and I find a token that reads " Old age assistance" (of course my husband says I better keep that one, as does my son" Hardy har-har !! Anyway I get the oval copper with the hole and that is a BPOE with an elks head on it, did not know they made those. Anyway the marbles are some of my favorite finds, and the sterling ring measures at a size 2, really, who wore this thing. The 2 big silvers were not really that far from each other, maybe 5 feet. I ended up getting 37 wheat pennies, one war nickle, one buffalo nickle, one silver rosie, 1 mercury, silver washington, and the beloved walking liberty. Oh yeah the keys, just love finding them. Back out again tomorrow to see what goodies are still there waiting for me!!

Attachments

• 100_5935.jpg
    100_5935.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 410
  • 100_5937.jpg
    100_5937.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 404
  • 100_5940.jpg
    100_5940.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 373
  • 100_5944.jpg
    100_5944.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 406
  • 100_5951.jpg
    100_5951.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 390
Last edited:
That’s a great mix of finds there! Any day you find a Walker or silver quarter is a good day! Congrats!

Nice outing! That’s an amazing hunt for our part of the world. Congrats.

Great finds! I have a place like that. Now if the weather would cooperate! Nice hunt!

Thank you all for the words of praise. I was really hoping I'd get one good place to hunt this year and before winter takes hold, and well I did, and for that I am very grateful. Now if I could only find the "diamond" ring that was lost in that yard in the 50's, so I could return to owner. If it is as small as the sterling ring, I doubt I will be able to, but I'll give t a go. Have a wonderful day all you coil swingers and good luck!!

Sheesh! Besides the Silvers of course..pulling 37 Wheat pennies is Monumental! Dizzamn what a hunt! Thanks for the post! Congratulations!

Back
Top Bottom