A little more old gold tonight..

Does that mean he's walking the plank on a pirate ship looking for :workforgold: , or in a Friendly jail :jail::pirates: :lol: Were you using the Excalibur , or Nox with stock coil , or the 15 coil ? If Nox what was the ID if you noticed .

I was using Nox with stock everything... settings are beach 2 all metal simple... I will replace the arm rest.. I have a GT rest around here somewhere maybe I can tape it on :lol:

I can't remember the numbers maybe it was a 11 or 12 but I did everything could have been a 10... maybe it was a 9 like I said I can't remember.. no sense waving coil over it now will be different it was deep under the rocks into the clay/mud/gravel mixture..

Cfm-ct

I have no problem with the stock cuff , all carbon fiber upper & lower , the upper is one solid piece with a 3 hole adjustment- currently set at the most forward hole for great balance , I only use Beach 2 in the wet & shallow water , as you will find Beach 1- is deeper , you would also like the 15 coil cover more,, close to an inch more depth , just a tad heavier , but on your rocks could be breakable if you hit it , ears wise , you will also like Deano's head cover , screen covers ware off over time , you can get packs of the English version on amazon, those numbers tell me it was gold , no silver , hope you get out since your wife went away , ? Was it a one way ticket :lol:

I have no problem with the stock cuff , all carbon fiber upper & lower , the upper is one solid piece with a 3 hole adjustment- currently set at the most forward hole for great balance , I only use Beach 2 in the wet & shallow water , as you will find Beach 1- is deeper , you would also like the 15 coil cover more,, close to an inch more depth , just a tad heavier , but on your rocks could be breakable if you hit it , ears wise , you will also like Deano's head cover , screen covers ware off over time , you can get packs of the English version on amazon, those numbers tell me it was gold , no silver , hope you get out since your wife went away , ? Was it a one way ticket :lol:

I am using one from Turkey right now.. :lol:

Only another inch with the larger coil... that kills that for me..

Weight is no issue and the Nox will not be used in the water its not as deep as the Excal... swinging the Nox is like swinging a ace 250 light as a feather it amazes me that others have complained about it being front loaded.. it boggles my mind that detector is super light....

I am using one from Turkey right now.. :lol:

Only another inch with the larger coil... that kills that for me..

Weight is no issue and the Nox will not be used in the water its not as deep as the Excal... swinging the Nox is like swinging a ace 250 light as a feather it amazes me that others have complained about it being front loaded.. it boggles my mind that detector is super light....
I think the the majority of who complain are using the 15" coil and swinging it for 4+ hours.

Cfm-ct

Didn't realize the balance difference till i got that 3 position option , the machine is off balance, moving the head forward for me made a considerable amount of difference , I see the Micky Mouse chatterbox replies are still happening :spaman::razz: , some never learn :blush:

Didn't realize the balance difference till i got that 3 position option , the machine is off balance, moving the head forward for me made a considerable amount of difference , I see the Micky Mouse chatterbox replies are still happening :spaman::razz: , some never learn :blush:

I'm still in shock he drank the koolaid.. :snapoutofit:

Craig finds anymore small gold with this Nox, I will know he has defected to the other side....:sneaking:

I'm still in shock he drank the koolaid.. :snapoutofit:

Craig finds anymore small gold with this Nox, I will know he has defected to the other side....:sneaking:

It won't be for long... there is a pulse in my future... its not as deep as some say it is that is for sure but it works well where I am using it...

I bought it for dirt.. it will never see the water, it will remain stock... I am adding nothing to it.

I think the the majority of who complain are using the 15" coil and swinging it for 4+ hours.

I'm used to hunting with the Excalibur this machine is like swinging a feather compared to the Excal or for that matter my hedge trimmers and grass trimmers...

Last edited:
I'm used to hunting with the Excalibur this machine is like swinging a feather compared to the Excal or for that matter my hedge trimmers and grass trimmers...
Yes. And also you goldfish boys hunt small areas. Like 50'x50' , instead of walking and swinging for miles. So the stock setup is perfect. You guys got it made. Just hop on down to the ye ole swimming hole and pluck away...

Yes. And also you goldfish boys hunt small areas. Like 50'x50' , instead of walking and swinging for miles. So the stock setup is perfect. You guys got it made. Just hop on down to the ye ole swimming hole and pluck away...

That is right we hunt in a fish bowl just like OBN... you are punished out there on the left coast ... you deserve it hunting in bare feet or flip flops try that here and you will go home to clean the wounds from razor sharp oyster shells and hypodermic needles... :yes:

That is right we hunt in a fish bowl just like OBN... you are punished out there on the left coast ... you deserve it hunting in bare feet or flip flops try that here and you will go home to clean the wounds from razor sharp oyster shells and hypodermic needles... :yes:
You know why many of us hunt barefoot out here ??? Because we can !!!! You don't have that option. There are people swimming out here , in the middle of December.

But what you do have , and I'll admit I'm a bit jelly over is , you got gold for the taking. Not even much research involved. Know your beaches a bit , which comes from getting old. My gosh , we out here think you can throw a dart anywhere on a map , hunt it , and get some form of gold. All you guys back east. Why even work for crying out loud ? Go clean a bowl everyday and throw another dart the next. You guys are lucky THE KOB ain't out there....

You know why many of us hunt barefoot out here ??? Because we can !!!! You don't have that option. There are people swimming out here , in the middle of December.

But what you do have , and I'll admit I'm a bit jelly over is , you got gold for the taking. Not even much research involved. Know your beaches a bit , which comes from getting old. My gosh , we out here think you can throw a dart anywhere on a map , hunt it , and get some form of gold. All you guys back east. Why even work for crying out loud ? Go clean a bowl everyday and throw another dart the next. You guys are lucky THE KOB ain't out there....

There is a lot of research involved... its why I can be successful... I'm not one of these guys who stroll for blocks and blocks and then comes here or to another forum and posts a bagful of trash :lol:

Good god man... you are starting to sound like Tom... pull up your big boy pants will you :laughing:

There is a lot of research involved... its why I can be successful... I'm not one of these guys who stroll for blocks and blocks and then comes here or to another forum and posts a bagful of trash :lol:

Good god man... you are starting to sound like Tom... pull up your big boy pants will you :laughing:
Yeah ...I know...the truth sinks in. But it's good as long as you have fun and get gold ! So now you revert to name calling huh ? Tom ? At least that's a compliment in that he finds gold. Just don't call me Surfy !😂

...... you are starting to sound like Tom...

Yeah ...... Tom ? At least that's a compliment in that he finds gold....

Nah, I haven't found any gold for a long time. Hardly any beach erosion action for YEARS now. :no:

I'm strictly about land hunting these days. Reales, seateds, buttons, etc....

haha

Yeah ...I know...the truth sinks in. But it's good as long as you have fun and get gold ! So now you revert to name calling huh ? Tom ? At least that's a compliment in that he finds gold. Just don't call me Surfy !😂

Would you like a little cheese with that whine KOB? :yes:

Nah, I haven't found any gold for a long time. Hardly any beach erosion action for YEARS now. :no:

I'm strictly about land hunting these days. Reales, seateds, buttons, etc....

haha

I'm jealous of your dirt finds for sure... any ghost towns around here were bulldozed to make room for homes and condo's even most of the cellar holes in my area are on water land.. after 9/11 they put up fences all around there land...

You guys are lucky THE KOB ain't out there....
I think you do great right where your at and you do very well compared to others in your area, which I confirmed with a few of them.

Some of the Maryland beach hunters are now posting up there yearly finds on FB metal detecting Maryland page. So far this is the best I've seen..(and this includes one's I know who never post) .......... Also several have posted there not even close to this. Honestly, It may look easy but most of these guys are retired and can only manage 1 to 10 gold a year.

Gold and Silver combined

Attachments

• 264439938_10223089551500345_3685303500171780843_n.jpg
    264439938_10223089551500345_3685303500171780843_n.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Inkedx_LI.jpg
    Inkedx_LI.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 72
Back
Top Bottom