Marco Island FL

gfbohn

Kinda new to the forum and not sure where to post this question ... so ... I'll put it here :-)
I've been to Marco Island FL many times. It's been a favorite vacation spot for years. My next trip will be my first since I started metal detecting.
Is it ok to hunt the beaches of Marco Island ...like South Beach and Tigertail ... or are there rules or restrictions? Just can't remember if I've every seen anyone detecting there.
Thanks in advance ...
Greg

When they developed Marco Island back in the day, they discovered lots of Indian burial grounds, and found artifacts all over the island. I have always wanted to explore there.

I detected there in the winter of 2002-3, did not care much for the beach in Marco Island very HARD sand with shells hard to dig.
Found only junk some coins. Tiger tail was better two silver rings one silver toe ring. The beach in Marco was re-done with sand from out deeper in the ocean as I was told, then I noticed in 03 or 04 Tigertail beach was being redone with sand brought in.
Gosh have been to Marco and Naples in the last few yrs, as we winter in North Port now. It has GROWN ALOT! WOW...

Back
Top Bottom