** Another Old Gold English Day **

meggie

Elite Member
Was detecting midway between the high tide & an old cut this afternoon,the sand was about 6" deep & then hard packed pebbles and shells.Scored a few coins some junk jewelry & then a gold chain but it crumbled in my hand .. plated junk.
Then got a faint signal,about a dozen scoops & out pops this old English beauty (Birmingham) .. 9ct 4.5 grams.Another happy day.

10 minutes on my Dremel with buffing Wax, some hand polishing .. hasn't it come up well?

Attachments

• IMG_2177c.jpg
    IMG_2177c.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_2183.JPG
    IMG_2183.JPG
    149.5 KB · Views: 505
  • IMG_2182a.JPG
    IMG_2182a.JPG
    172.9 KB · Views: 493
  • IMG_2198.jpg
    IMG_2198.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 478
Last edited:
Very nice old ring and great results with the polishing-- it looks like liquid gold (ok, technically liquid gold is molten and glows red-hot, but you know what I mean)! Beautiful! :thumbsup:

Sweet, Looks great after the clean up.
Here in the states, Harbor Freight sells a cheap, but well worth it Rotary Tool aka Dremel with 80 attachments for $10.
DL

Sweet, Looks great after the clean up.
Here in the states, Harbor Freight sells a cheap, but well worth it Rotary Tool aka Dremel with 80 attachments for $10.
DL

Seriously!?! That's awesome! Anything mechanical is super expensive here. I'm gonna have to make a list of MDing equipment to hunt down the next time I visit the US. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom