hit the beach this am..

007tallguy

Elite Member
i managed to get out to the beach for a little while this morning. between work, the heat and some health issues, it's been hard to find the time (and energy!) to do much detecting this year.
the tide wasn't quite in my favor today, but i did score a few coins, a half pound of trash and one other target that gave me a solid 71 signal in the At Pro. dug down a few inches and out pops this little ring, silver colored and surrounded with little diamonds.
no markings inside so a quick acid test when i got home and confirmed that it was a junker. dang, maybe next time. ;)
but like we all say: it's still a ring and could have just as easily been a keeper!! :D

Pete

Attachments

• 20170807_065208.jpg
    20170807_065208.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 306
Better than pulling up a PT.

Congrats on getting out. We all have those heart stoppers from time to time. I've pulled some heavy great rings from the sands and because I dont wear my glasses have to wait until I get back to the truck to examine it. Too many times it Junksten-Carbide or Stainless Steel but like they say a ring is a ring so chalk them up to practice for all the good ones in the future.

Better than pulling up a PT.

Right target, wrong metal...

Shoot!

Good luck on the next one!

<°)))>{

I would have been fooled as well looking at it. Better luck next time. But it is still a nice looking ring.

Congrats on getting out. We all have those heart stoppers from time to time. I've pulled some heavy great rings from the sands and because I dont wear my glasses have to wait until I get back to the truck to examine it. Too many times it Junksten-Carbide or Stainless Steel but like they say a ring is a ring so chalk them up to practice for all the good ones in the future.

Thanks guys. Part of the hobby is taking the bad along with the good...... and I have scored some of the good on more than one occasion, lol. ;)

Pete

Back
Top Bottom