Minelab pro swing

Steve

Forum Supporter
Anyone else have trouble putting this thing togwther? The diagram says put the rod in and "click". It doesn't click and just falls to the ground when I try putting it on.:no:

Think I figured it out. If anyone has some photos please post some. Does the strap dig into your shoulder? The entire contraption seems off center.

I had to make a lot of adjustments in order to have it fit me like a glove. Start by adjusting the velco on your back. Get it positioned comfortably. Then you have to adjust the plastic support arm.

I had one for about 3 week. and got rid of it. Could not keep the rod from digging in to my side. They are not made for portly men.

I had trouble at first with mine. Getting it adjusted and getting used to it. It is working good now. I got rid of the goofy plastic rod set-up. I don't see any difference and I don't have to fool with the rod adjustment. Been a year and a half without it and no signs of wear.

been using mine on EVERY hunt for the past 2.5 yrs (and that's ALOT of beach hunts).. In the water, on the dry,, whatever.... I've gone through one "rebuild kit" and the stitching on the back of the neck part is starting to split but I couldn't imagine swinging my 17" coiled CTX or 15" Excal without it.. NO WAY...

Adjustment is funky at first and mine tries to rise up on my stomach. It doesn't sit at the waist line like I imagined. Once you dial it in you'll love it....

I even wear it when I wear a wet suit and am in neck deep water. All my doohickies are attached to it....

I think it depends on body shape as to which works best for you. Swingy Thingy does not work at all for me; very unnatural. I made my own (based on the ML design) from a backpack waist belt, some 3/4" pvc pipe, assorted zip ties, and a bungee with a single hook on one end. The hook allows me to lift it out/put it back easily when I stoop to dig. Took a few days to get it to fit me right, but once it did, its like its not even there.

Its awkward for sure but after you get some hrs in with it it gets better.I tried swinging my 14 x9 with out it and my shoulder is shot in no time.Its a must with big coils...Give it time ....

As far as the click it takes quite a bit of force to get it in.And it took me alot of adjustments to get it right.Lots of taking it off adjusting it and putting it back on...Get it as comfortable as u can.GL

That plastic pole thing popped out after 5 minutes and some guy with his kid nabbed it. Didn't realize it until it was too late.

Mine is in the closet. I got tired of trying and trying to get it adjusted to fit me. Never succeeded

Tried it for a couple hours without it. Seems like a regular harness..... just like the 1 I made out of bungees for about a buck

If adjusted right (and it fits your body shape) you'll notice the weight is well distributed throughout the harness. It's much different than just a D-ring on a backpack or an over-the-shoulder strap like the swingy-thingy.

I'll be honest though, as much as I like the Pro-Swing, I've used a wide nylon mesh strap that connects from the back of my pants, over the shoulder and to my detector. This helps hold up your drawers, lol.

Tried it for a couple hours without it. Seems like a regular harness..... just like the 1 I made out of bungees for about a buck

That plastic pc is the whole thing thats what takes the weight off your body.Email Minelab and tell them it wasn't in the box...😉

Back
Top Bottom