Beach erosion yields old silver!

sandgroper

Elite Member
I finally had the chance to go back to the eroded beach this weekend. I didn't find quite as much as last time (mainly because conditions were quite rough, and a lot of the 'good' areas were blocked by mounds and mounds of seaweed!), but I still got $8.54AUD in change and this old 1943/8 (date is hard to read) silver threepence. Also found some sinkers at one part of the beach, which made me think that there might be some gold too.

On the way home, I stopped by an old lawn next to an abandoned caravan park and found this beautiful 1919 threepence. In the past I've hunted this lawn several times with the X-Terra and have found a 1919 Penny and a 1929 Halfpenny.

I also stopped by a park where I found $3.75AUD (I'm making use of every opportunity to detect to familiarise myself with the CTX!)

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    FullSizeRender-1.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 409
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 407
Congrats on the spendable coins and the silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the spendable coins and the silver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Most of the coins found on the beach have been corroded so thin, that the coin counting machine at the bank rejects them! We've got about $10 worth of paper-thin coins at home! I'm not sure if the bank accepts them as full value, but they will definitely exchange them for a scrap price which is calculated per kilo.

Congrats on the vintage silvers and clad...some good digging!

Thanks Captain! I love finding those old silvers :)

Nice finds on the old silver XT70, keep at it.
DL

Thank you! I was surprised to see that 1919 threepence come out of the dirt. I thought I had hunted this site out, but apparently not! I will be back for sure! :)

Back
Top Bottom